Goodbye shorties , nice knowing you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HedgefundTrader2, Sep 19, 2008.

1. One day yes indeed the bull will be back. But now that the goverment has stepped in it will take so so much longer.

#21     Sep 19, 2008
  2. I'd love to stay and argue but I must pick up my twin boys, Stalin and Lenin, from school now. Bull market baby!!

#22     Sep 19, 2008
  3. wjk

wjk

Oh, you mean the same fucks that made the abuses possible?

#23     Sep 19, 2008
  4. So whats the remedy when stocks start to tank without any short interest?

Who ya gonna call ... Ghostbusters!

#24     Sep 19, 2008
  5. dtan1e

dtan1e

stalin and lenin? commies?

#25     Sep 19, 2008

6. Just beautifully written.

#26     Sep 19, 2008
  7. wjk

wjk

Quote from Aaron Copland:

This bailout is the most disgusting form of market manipulation I've ever seen. Creating a taxpayer-funded company to take the crap off the balance sheets of banks that willingly assumed such risk is bordering on criminal. They are stealing taxpayer money to help fat cats in banks bolster their stock options. It's like Robin Hood in reverse. Taking over Fannie and Freddie made some sense as that helped homeowners, while wiping out the shareholders. However, this really doesn't. It simply burdens responsible taxpayers with the errors of the rich, greedy and stupid. Paulson said he was drawing a line in the sand with Lehman and that there would be no more bailouts. 3 days later, he decides to set up an entity to bail out all and sundry. If this were some emerging economy, the US would be rolling their eyes and complaining how the government was stifling the free market. Furthermore, if this suggestion was instigated by the head of an emerging market Treasury, who was formerly the head of one of the companies that would be directly bailed out by this, US pundits would be tut tutting at the level of corruption in such banana republic. But it's the U.S. so it's okay. This is a very sad day for the free markets.
    Second that.

#27     Sep 19, 2008
  8. US is a nation of laws. Right now you status is of renegade pirate. You looted pension funds, mauled grandpa's saving accounts and closed few banks.. that is what you get

Beating LEH, AIG into bankruptcy and single digits ? What do you call that? A hammer should be bonged on your head!

#28     Sep 19, 2008
  9. dtan1e

dtan1e

its not a bailout, its a robbery, the fed screws the public, screws the shareholders

#29     Sep 19, 2008
  10. Stock pirates screwed the public.

Banging WM, LEH , AIG, MER into bankruptcy and single digits ? What do you call that ? How much you looted in that heist?

#30     Sep 19, 2008