Good Chance market near a short term low.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dgabriel, Oct 12, 2005.

1. please note that crashes happen at oversold levels... not overbought levels...

lesson over

#11     Oct 13, 2005
  2. Me too. However, my current macro models show that by the end of december we wont be above the year end close of 2004 - dow and nasdaq. Now of course my models do change their predictions as they get more data but right now this is what they are saying.

#12     Oct 13, 2005
  3. Pabst

Pabst

That pertinent fact should be in the back of every traders mind right now.

I see no capitulation, no worry, and no "BLACK ***DAY!" threads.

I do see a lot of conditioned dip buying and fear to sell into rallies.

I'm also a historian who knows the last time we saw a new Fed Chairman we "crashed."

I don't see a scenario where we come off 21% in a day like 1987 but I do see the possibility of giving back half the 2003-2005 gains over the next few months.

That said I too have support at these levels although 1163 SPX would be the more solid. If bought one had better quickly motor out of Dodge if we penetrate support. There's no reason to think the market can't move as hard and fast down as it did up last October and May.

#13     Oct 13, 2005
  4. fugget about it...babar doesn't do that"i'm wrong" thing. his ideas are so general, he will always have cracks to slime through.

as for this thread, dgabriel and babar see a low? what a joke! all we need is lithium capital to complete the terrible trio. if i were a long, hearing babar and dgabriel say we are close to a bottom would scare me.

read what pabst wrote above. he knows more than the three monkeys combined. he took the words right out of my mouth (again), capitulation is 3 billion shares, and wild swings in a day. we haven't come close.

#14     Oct 13, 2005
  5. #16     Oct 13, 2005
  6. gotcha

#17     Oct 13, 2005
  7. DOW 100,000 (my book available in all good book stores)

#18     Oct 13, 2005
  8. So far you are off by .18. Better tighten up those models.:D

#19     Oct 13, 2005
  9. i bet there will be much capitulation when you take Charlei Gow up on his generous offer this SUNDAY and meet up with him and his women. below is Charlies generous offer to apex capital/waggie.

#20     Oct 13, 2005