Goldstone: Israel does NOT commit war crimes after all

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a_person, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Goldstone: Claims of Israel's Gaza war crimes should be reconsidered

"We know a lot more today about what happened in the Gaza war of 2008-09 than we did when I chaired the fact-finding mission appointed by the UN Human Rights Council that produced what has come to be known as the Goldstone Report," Goldstone wrote, adding: "If I had known then what I know now, the Goldstone Report would have been a different document."

The former South African jurist said that while "Israeli evidence that has emerged since publication of our report doesn’t negate the tragic loss of civilian life, I regret that our fact-finding mission did not have such evidence explaining the circumstances in which we said civilians in Gaza were targeted, because it probably would have influenced our findings about intentionality and war crimes."

While Israel has shown to probe itself "to a significant degree" over Gaza war actions, Goldstone wrote, Hamas, who has been in control of the coastal enclave since 2007, "has done nothing."

The former jurist also criticizes the UN Human Rights Council's anti-Israel bias, saying that he had hoped that the report could "begin a new era of evenhandedness at the UN Human Rights Council, whose history of bias against Israel cannot be doubted."
    Goldstone: Claims of Israel's Gaza war crimes should be reconsidered

Following Judge Richard Goldstone's op-ed in the Washington Post in which he voiced regret about blaming Israel for the intentional targeting of civilians in the report he authored on the Gaza war, Israeli leaders immediately called on the United Nations and international institutions to cancel the damning report.

Foreign Ministry sources however said that in the best of circumstances, it might be possible for the UN General Assembly to adopt a new resolution concluding that an earlier resolution, passed a year ago, which fully adopted the Goldstone Report, is no longer valid.
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...eve-un-will-rescind-goldstone-report-1.354011

2. pspr

pspr

The Quran tells muslims that it is OK to lie to non-muslims.

3. I'll be the first to admit that Israel has made mistakes. At times they have gone too far, on other occasions they've not gone far enough. However, in the bigger picture we all know who the aggressor in this conflict is, and it ain't Israel...

4. We were not surprised! This is not the first time a world figure succumbs to zionist and Jewish lobby pressure and he will not be the last!

Goldstone succumbed to Jewish Lobby pressure.

Posted on April 4, 2011 by rehmat1| 3 Comments

Under severe pressure from Israel and Jewish Lobby groups’ frenzied campaign in South Africa, Britain and the US against his family and friends has cranked the South African Zionist Jewish judge Richard Goldstone.

On Saturday – in a Op-Ed in the Washington Post, Richard Goldstone retracted from his original views in the ‘Goldstone Report’ on Israel’s genocide of 1.5 million natives in tiny Gaza strip – submitted to United Nations two years ago. “If I had known then what I know now, the Goldstone Report would have been a different document,” he wrote. That shows that Goldstone has lost his earlier Jewish moral conscience and now he is lying as a typical Zionist.

Does Richard Goldstone and the applauding Zionist crowed expect Jimmy Carter, Dr. Norman Finkelstein (Jewish), Amira Hass (israeli), Gideon Levy (israeli), Israel Charny (israeli), Uri Avnery (israeli), and many others – who had agreed with Goldstone’s original report to accept his retraction too?

Interestingly, these Zionist idiots ignore the fact that Goldstone Report was not written by Richard Goldstone alone – but with the findings of a panel of three other members – Christine Chinkin, a Professor at London School of Economics, Hina Jilani, a Human Right advocate from Pakistan and former Colonel Desmond Travers of Irish Armed Force.

Now what kind of pressure are we talking about?

The most popular israeli newspaper answeres:

South African Jews, who pressured judge following report accusing Israel of war crimes, pleased with change in his stance. 'He caused heavy damage to Israel and the Jews,' one of Jewish community leaders says, 'but we're not vengeful'
    Aviel Magnezi

Many Israelis and Jews around the world were furious with Judge Richard Goldstone following his scathing report on Operation Cast Lead, which accused Israel of committing war crimes in Gaza, but the greatest pressure was felt in his homeland of South Africa.

The Jewish community in the country launched protests against Goldstone, boycotted him and even tried to stop him from attending his grandson's bar mitzvah.[/size[ Now after he published an article expressing his regret over the report, his friends tell Ynet that the road to atonement is still long.

South African Jews, who pressured judge following report accusing Israel of war crimes, pleased with change in his stance. 'He caused heavy damage to Israel and the Jews,' one of Jewish community leaders says, 'but we're not vengeful'
    Aviel Magnezi

Many Israelis and Jews around the world were furious with Judge Richard Goldstone following his scathing report on Operation Cast Lead, which accused Israel of committing war crimes in Gaza, but the greatest pressure was felt in his homeland of South Africa.

The Jewish community in the country launched protests against Goldstone, boycotted him and even tried to stop him from attending his grandson's bar mitzvah. Now after he published an article expressing his regret over the report, his friends tell Ynet that the road to atonement is still long.

http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/ArticleLayout/CdaArticlePrintPreview/1,2506,L-4051403,00.html

Last week the Writing Rights blog reported that the South African Zionist Federation had prohibited Goldstone from attending his grandson's bar-mitzvah.

It said recent negotiations between the federation, the Sandton synagogue at which the ceremony will take place, and the bar-mitzvah boy's family concluded that the judge will be banned from attending the event.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3880057,00.html

5. Makes sense. If it's OK to murder infidels, should be OK to lie to them.

6. Our actions in Gaza against the muzzie terrorist a-holes was justified. Their terrorism will be punished disproportionately.

God bless Israel in the war on muzzie terrorists.

7. What a busy schedule a zionist like you have! Where do you find the time pspr? I mean, between spreading hate against Democrats, Liberals, labour unions, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Muslims, Arabs and Palestinians, how can you find the time to pick your head lice?

8. Uh oh!! Here's Mr. Taqiyya now!!! LOL!!

9. Here come the other nazi! Buddy, if you managed to intimidate the American Administration, who is Goldstone to stand in your way?

I am happy though, zionist boy! You see, by focusing your hate distribution efforts against Palestinians, that might give African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Democrats, Labour Unions and others to be spared your hate.

10. pspr

pspr

Thanks for quoting our resident muslim apologist. :(

Somebody tell ShameMe that it isn't hate that I am full of it is rectitude.

#10     Apr 4, 2011