Goldman Wives - Disgusting Behaviour At Charity Event

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Aug 10, 2009.

1. GOLDMAN SACHS WIVES HATE TO WAIT

August 5, 2009 --

GOLDMAN Sachs boss Lloyd Blankfein has warned his employees to avoid high-profile spending, as The Post reported -- but his wife evidently didn't get the memo.

Laura Blankfein and her friend Susan Friedman, wife of another Goldman honcho, Richard Friedman, caused a huge scene at Super Saturday in the Hamptons last weekend when they arrived at the event before the noon start time and balked at waiting in line with the other ticket-holders.

"Their behavior was obnoxious. They were screaming," said one witness. Blankfein said she wouldn't wait with "people who spend less money than me."

Another observer said the women were so impatient, it was as if they were waiting on line for a kidney transplant instead of a charitable designer clothing sale.

Friedman shouted at the event organizer, "You have lost so much money because of this . . . Why should we be treated like the $650 donors?"

Sources said Blankfein and Friedman had bought tables with blocks of tickets going for $833 apiece, as did many of the women who were waiting patiently in line, happy to raise $3.4 million for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.

In the end, the hot-headed duo got in at 12:03 p.m., three minutes after those who arrived before them.

No word on how much of their husbands' money they spent. But Lloyd Blankfein -- wary of bad publicity over the big bonuses he and his colleagues expect to collect at year's end -- has called for an end to conspicuous consumption.

A Goldman Sachs executive was quoted in yesterday's front-page Post story, "[Blankfein] wants to make sure we're not being seen living high on the hog." A Goldman Sachs rep did not respond to requests for comment left at the offices of both Lloyd Blankfein and Richard Friedman.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0805200...te_to_wait_183044.htm?www.GoldmanSachs666.com

2. clacy

clacy

Obnoxious....... sure. But at least it was a charitable event I guess.

3. nitro

nitro

4. Mercor

Mercor

5. CET

CET

Useless and not Wall Street news.

6. are they hot?

7. robunicu

robunicu

well u judge.. here goes friedman on the right

[​IMG]

8. As I suspected, she's a "double-bagger". In her case, more precisely, a "golden sacker". :cool:

9. I thought charitable events where supposed to be all about selfless giving.

:confused:

10. No way. The secret is stealing a billion dollars and getting away with it is to give a million to charity. Love of mankind has nothing to do with it.

#10     Aug 11, 2009