Goldman Blew Out Earnings!!! Early Release!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by MrDODGE, Apr 13, 2009.

1. 1Q EPS of $3.39

The rumors were true!!!

2. S2007S

S2007S

GS is about flat after this "GREAT" news.

Sell now and buy back after the 50%+ sale GS will have.

3. Goldman Sachs ( GS - news - people ) surprised investors by issuing its first-quarter earnings report just after the close, ahead of Tuesday's scheduled release. The bank reported profits of $3.39 a share, well ahead of the $1.64 consensus estimate, and said it is planning a $5.0 billion public offering of common stock.

4. Lets see how fast the try and shed there bank holding company status.

If they are allowed to convert back to an investment bank after paying back TARP, that would be complete BS.

I wonder if there was a time limit they have to fulfill on the bank holding status? Like one year or something.

OH WAIT WHAT AM I THINKING THIS IS GOLDMAN SACHS, THEY DO WHAT THE HELL THEY WANT.

5. gangof4

gangof4

it's my understanding that all they have to do is divest that asset. all of these companies will take the steps to 'not' be a bank as soon as being a 'bank' is no longer in their interests. it would be naive to have thought anything different from teh outset.

6. The federal funds rate at 0% is giving all the banks free fucking money. That panic in January was such a head fake. Banks are borrowing from the fed at 0 and lending at 5%. The yield curve is making life very easy for a banker. The problem is, they're not passing on their low rates to the consumer, plus they're collecting fees like never before. They're taxing the economy to earn their way through this. What a crock of shit.

7. aresky

aresky

S&P:
    GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP
    We are encouraged by results, but risks remain.We are
    raising our '09 EPS estimate to $11.10 from $7.65, and our target price by $25 to $140, 1.5X projected tangible book value

www.smithbarney.com

8. Thank God they got that $12 Bill from AIG during the Qtr.

Its such a joke lol.

John