GoldenGoose33 Trading Journal - Just Follow Your Rules!

Discussion in 'Journals' started by GoldenGoose33, Sep 12, 2011.

1. -2 ticks today after being up 3 points on the ES. First trade was b/e next two for 6 and 7 ticks and then closed the day with 4 straight losers. The 4 losers were a result of failing to follow my rules. With the exception of one which was a result of a tech issue today.

This journal is an effort to follow my rules and have some accountability to myself.

2. Horrible day. I can't even recall. OK I shorted after a waterfall decline. With my rules however which taught me to wait for the ma's to be extended and not just crossing because that is a fake setup. Next trade was also a short which did not play out. Two full stop outs and my day was done.

I am a little disappointed because I have a gut feeling of what the market is doing however I choose to wait for a retrace that materializes but continues in that direction after I enter. What I am saying if my feeling is that the market will retrace to a certain poin then why not enter the trade in that direction as it has a good chance of working out because that is what I am seeing and not what i am thinking will happen.

3. Horrible day. I can't even recall. OK I shorted after a waterfall decline. With my rules however which taught me to wait for the ma's to be extended and not just crossing because that is a fake setup. Next trade was also a short which did not play out. Two full stop outs and my day was done.

I am a little disappointed because I have a gut feeling of what the market is doing however I choose to wait for a retrace that materializes but continues in that direction after I enter. What I am saying if my feeling is that the market will retrace to a certain poin then why not enter the trade in that direction as it has a good chance of working out because that is what I am seeing and not what i am thinking will happen.