GLD and XLE

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Buy1Sell2, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Both continue to look really good for continuation up here.

murray t turtle and ET180 like this.
  2. XLE is extended.
    The low on XLE was put in about 30 months ago.
    Since then, its up 300%.
    Seems it will go higher eventually, but a little stretched now.
    Good luck to all in this "season of plenty."

xle1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Buy1Sell2 and murray t turtle like this.
  3. %%
    BLACK gold /TX TEA looks a lot better than luxury gold; but i watch XLE+ related more than gold.
    I asked the metals dealer ''sold much gold??'' No she said, but dealer was doing a lot of copper, steel stainless /steel iron \ tin....................................................................

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I continue to hold these 2 for now as they are staying with their rise higher.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

No obvious reason for me to pull the plug on these 2 right now. Staying long.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. easymon1

easymon1

7. %%
    XLE is rated 100% buy by barchart+ a buy on 200dma/also;
    XLE averages about 50% what SPY benchmark has done /5 years.
    [If you live in CA please do not charge your EV, even if that ruins your life\thats big gov goofs for you.]
    Amazing number of markets + nations closed up as of last FRI, WSJ SAT/SUN paper 1-7/8-2023
    Good XLE uptrend above 200dma for years;
    SPY is still below + closed below200dma = bear trend.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  8. I am not familiar with XLE, but recently I was debating again on GLD after re-thinking over some things Dalio said about gold.

The problem, I can not justify that high MER for something that may very well just go down for the next 10-20 years. If I am going to go down a gold-route, I would rather just do digital gold and go with Bitcoin. But if I'm going to go bitcoin, I'd rather just buy Ethereum instead and stake at my broker and collect over 4% in dividends while I wait.

I also did a bit of exploration of the gold backed crypto securities, but I'm not fully sold on them just yet.

9. easymon1

easymon1

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

#10     Jan 14, 2023