Getting Divorced.....need advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Agassi, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Agassi

Agassi

I am planning to divorce my wife. She is refusing to give me a divorce. So I am thinking of going to Nevada and becoming a resident so that I can file for a divorce after 6 weeks. (Nevada has the shortest time for divorce.........)

Thing is I have lived most of my life in NY/NJ area and don't know any body in Nevada. I am looking to stay there temporarily anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks.

I would like to make some friends who reside in Nevada. I would welcome any suggestions and/or tips in finding a good divorce lawyer in Nevada. Also, I am looking for temporary housing for 8 -12 weeks. I guess we could negotiate the rent. But not interested in signing a lease since I would be there temporarily.

Thanks folks....

2. PaulRon

PaulRon

dude this is nuts

3. why do you want a divorce, are there kids? remember us guys do what we are told to do. i guess most dont have pleasant babes from Laguna Beach though :D :D

4. Agassi

Agassi

No Kids.

It's just that we never get along. I think my wife has some metal issues...like a bipolar disorder..

When she gets angry, she could get very violent. :mad:

5. Agassi

Agassi

I want it fast in Nevada not NY.

NY has some of the toughest laws to get a divorce.......

Nevada has the easiest laws.

6. You need to build up a case against your wife's abuse; then get a restrain order from court; move to Nevada; becoming an resident there; take a lot of time(change mailing address; driver license; etc...); then file a divorce from there.

This is not legal advice; get a lawyer; not here.:D Good luck; bro.

7. Why doesnt she want one?
    You never get along.........after 6 weeks, are you saying you have been married LESS than 6weeks?

Jeepers, were you engaged or was this a mail order thing, or what?

8. Read this carefully.

EVERY WOMAN IS A MANIC DEPRESSIVE WITH BI-POLAR SYNDROME.

EVERY WOMAN IS VIOLENT AND SADDISTIC.

NO STRAIGHT MAN WILL EVER UNDERSTAND A WOMAN.

What makes you think the next one that comes along will be any different?

Try boning her. It takes the edge off.

9. Serious question: did you not know this before you got married?

#10     Mar 18, 2008