George W. Bush: Wish tax cuts not in my name

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/74981.html#ixzz1reVXqLT4

George W. Bush: Wish tax cuts not in my name

George W. Bush said Tuesday that he wishes the tax cuts originally approved under his watch didn’t carry the burden of his family name.

“I wish they weren’t called the Bush tax cuts,” the former president said as he kicked off the Bush Institute Conference on Taxes and Economic Growth in New York City. “If they’re called some other body’s tax cuts, they’re probably less likely to be raised.”

He added: “If you raise taxes, you’re taking money out of the pockets of consumers.”

When President Barack Obama agreed to a two-year extension of the Bush tax cuts in December 2010, it outraged many congressional Democrats. But on Tuesday, White House campaign strategist David Axelrod said that Obama was “absolutely” committed to blocking any continuation of the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy.

Meanwhile, the former president also said that he doesn’t miss his old job.

“I’m often asked ‘Do you miss the presidency?’ I really don’t.” Bush said.

“I have decided to stay out of the limelight. I had plenty of the limelight,” he said. “I enjoyed it. It was unbelievably interesting experience.”

“It’s inconvenient to have to stop at some stop lights coming over here — I guess I miss that,” he said jokingly.

But Bush also said that he doesn’t take kindly to those who might undercut President Barack Obama.

“I don’t think it’s good, frankly, for our country to undermine our president, and I don’t intend to do so,” he said.

The conference is part of a Bush Institute initiative to promote sustainable 4 percent economic growth. A number of Republican governors are speaking or participating at the conference in other capacities, including Govs. Chris Christie (N.J.), Mary Fallin (Okla.), Paul LePage (Maine), and Bill Haslam (Tenn.). House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan

2. Sorry W.Your tax cuts which contributed to you doubling the national debt and taking a balanced budget to a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit will forever be known as The Bush tax cuts

Bushs name should be attached to all his polices that fucked up this country