George Soros Track Record

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lasner, Nov 12, 2009.

1. (1)Sure I expect large drawdowns it's unavoidable unless you are Madoff.

(2)
    This where I see you traders and active investors as complete lunatics.
    I'm also talking net of fees too when the time comes.
    The only returns that matter to the customer are the one's they get to keep.
    A rational person does not give a rats ass what the underlying returns were, he cares about his own return. Now of course if this rational person also knew about the risk/reward relationship he'd be outraged if he were not getting the vast percentage of gains because he sure should know he's going to get 100% of the losses plus fees.

#41     Nov 17, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

according to makoloda you don't inc. taxes because everybody's situation is different

#42     Nov 17, 2009
  3. lasner

lasner

Yeah but your not trading on 10 billion dollars. Try and do what soros did on 10 billion and tell me how successful you are

#43     Nov 17, 2009

4. Too funny so you basically are saying soros has a big handicap against him because of his size under mgmt.

Once again I as an investor only care about my net returns and increasing the odds of success, so sue me for not going with someone who is handicapped from the get go.

Btw: Your argument is another nail in the coffin for the wisdom of the avg hedge fund investor. But of course we all know a large percentage of money exhibits lemming like behavior anyway, right?

Fantastic initial returns generate lots of anxious new money only to suffer poor results . It's an endless cycle and the hedge fund managers get rich off of the mark's gullibility of easy riches.

#44     Nov 17, 2009
  5. How many hedge fund investors do you know personally? What do you know about their motives, other than that they're gullible dumb sheep and how much smarter you are?

We were talking about Soros' track record weren't we. I argued that Soros' track record is amazing, given his internal rate of return.

When you reach a 25% annualized rate of return over 10 years (=830% total return) you may start belittling Soros. But right now you're just making a fool out of yourself.

#45     Nov 17, 2009
  6. My God what a pathetic clown you are.

Does it make you feel better about yourself telling yourself how dumb all those rich people are?

#46     Nov 17, 2009
  7. That's irrelevant. I've already explored the salient attributes of hedge fund investing in general.

When one explores the salient aspects of Russian roulette, one does not need to know any who have played it to determine it's a rather stupid game.

I'm sure you will keep grasping at straws to justify your drowning positions.

#47     Nov 17, 2009
  8. You don't seem to realize you are making my point for me do you?

Yeah soros's track record is phenomenal in getting a high internal rate of return and delivering a lousy portion to his customers .

$10,000 at 20.3% for 22 yrs=$583,235

$10,000 at 25% for 22 yrs = $1,355,252

Do the math who was the sucker here?

It was not Soros.

#48     Nov 17, 2009
  9. So why comment on their motives when you admit you don't know anything about them?

#49     Nov 17, 2009
  10. I'm sorry all I hear is: "gurgle gurgle gasp" as you slip below the surface.

#50     Nov 17, 2009