Geithner Has to Go !

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bone, Aug 1, 2011.

1. bone

bone

Geithner has to go. Way too political and ideological for a Treasury Secretary. In front of national TV accusing Republicans of (and I quote) "praying for default". And a blatant liar regarding Social Security and Medicare payment prioritization, all sorts of bald faced lies about Quantitative Easing, about the administration's release of the Strategic Oil Reserve - the list of lies is actually quite long and growing daily. He even supported the notion of a singular world currency at the Bilderberg orgy. Nice.

Geithner simply does not have the capacity to separate Fed monetary policy from brazen ideology and insults.

A lying weasel not to be trusted IMO. Not worthy of a cabinet position requiring a considerable amount of balanced judgement.

2. Larson

Larson Guest

From Paulson the nazi to Geithner the incompetent. Makes one wonder if USA can take much more of this kind of "leadership".

3. Eight

Eight

They are all from the same Country Club, they're all up for the same awards..

4. bone..

As I watch Bloomberg Asia and the yen start to inch up...I must say that it goes deeper than TIM. THE WHOLE OLD SCHOOL, OLD GUARD IN DC HAVE TO GO!

THE BANKING SCUMBAGS HAVE TO GO, THE PUBLIC TRADED DIRTBAG CEO's HAVE TO GO!

THEY NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE....not FUCKING BAILED OUT.

HSBC, LAYING OFF WORLD WIDE, but HIRING IN ASIA?

Com'n. This shit gets stupid.

MIDDLE EAST, LATIN AMERICA and ASIA is where the growth is, it is where the majority of my business is coming from.

TIM AND CREW are clueless and we are making the same mistakes as the GOV did in the 1930s. THE DEPRESSION is on and it's about to get UGLY!

5. clacy

clacy

Timmy would literally do ANYTHING Obama asks him. It is like having Obama's brother or college roommate as the Treasury Secretary.

6. He is a corrupt and failed regulator. President moron chose the wrong path in 08' and now we are stuck in an even worse situation. He is still too clueless to clean house

7. bone

bone

NYT:

Geithner Questioned on Tax Returns

By JACKIE CALMES

Published: January 13, 2009

WASHINGTON — Timothy F. Geithner, President-elect Barack Obama’s choice for Treasury secretary, failed to pay more than $34,000 in federal taxes over several years early this decade, and also faces questions about the employment papers of a former household employee, suddenly complicating what had seemed to be an easy confirmation process in the Senate.

WSJ:

IMF Informed Geithner on Taxes

Senate Delays Treasury Nominee's Hearing Till Jan. 21; Obama Vote of Confidence.

By JOHN D. MCKINNON and BOB DAVIS

Timothy Geithner, whose nomination as Treasury secretary has been delayed by his past failure to pay taxes, was repeatedly advised in writing by the International Monetary Fund that he would be responsible for any Social Security and Medicare taxes he owed on income he earned at the IMF between 2001 and 2004.