GBP/USD Trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by increasenow, Jan 9, 2009.

1. euclid

euclid

Primarily EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, USDCAD but also CHF and JPY crosses.

#12     Jan 9, 2009
  2. what do you know about or have you traded the EUR/JPY at all?

#13     Jan 9, 2009
  3. euclid

euclid

It's just like any other pair.

#14     Jan 9, 2009
  4. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I trade the GBP/USD almost exclusively. Today, you should have made at least 200 pips with the big moves it was making. Had you been on a 10 or 15 chart you would have made alot more than a paltry 22 pips.....

#15     Jan 9, 2009
  5. hmmm..interesting post...please explain as to why a 10 or 15 minute chart is better than the 5 minute I usually use?...please share your insight on this as to GBP/USD trading...thanks...

#16     Jan 9, 2009
  6. joemiami

joemiami Guest

On a 10-15 min time frame with 3-5 min time frame for entry along with use of fibs/pivot points, you would give yourself the opportunity to ride the market for a longer period of time, hence the more pips you make :)

#17     Jan 9, 2009
  7. thanks...on the fibs...from what high to low do you use...meaning...from high after a certain time in the morning or a weekly, daily?...to keep it current enought to be relevant etc.

#18     Jan 9, 2009
  8. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I set the fibs on hourly chart in the morning..using the high of the day( about 3-4am eastern time) down to the low of the day(about 8-9 am eastern time).

#19     Jan 9, 2009
  9. thanks man...cool stuff...what % of the time would you say it sticks within the fib retracement levels?meaning provides some pretty good boundaries if you will...

#20     Jan 10, 2009