Gay Marriage. Again.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Apr 28, 2015.

Which side are you on and how much do you care about gay marriage?

1. Generally in favor, very important

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Generally in favor, not important

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Generally against, very important

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Generally against, not important

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. WTF cares about any of this?

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. TGregg

TGregg

Gay marriage is a huge issue again, apparently the question of the election for candidates is whether they support it or not. For the record, I am generally in favor and I do not think this is even on my top 100 list of issues. Seems hard to believe that many people care more about this issue than (say) the economy, Iran nukes, Russian tanks at the Ukraine, presidential orders, riots and civil unrest, growing militarization of police forces, taxes, debt, old geezers in the work force and youngsters not, student loans, trade deals, jobs going overseas, corporations relocating to nonUS to avoid taxes, skyrocketing CEO comp, etc.

Anyway, here's a poll. Let's see what you think.

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The government should not be able to tell two people, regardless of gender, that they cannot marry. My personal view is that I don't much like the idea, but I recognize that I have absolutely no right to tell another who they can and cannot love, or how to express that love through marriage.

I voted "Generally in favor, not important" because in the grand scheme of things, this issue has been blown way out of proportion.

3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Add me to the "Generally in favor, not important" list.

4. Generally against but not important.
    And the only reason I'm against it is because they are forcing people to do stuff that they shouldn't have to do. If gays want to get married, let them get married but don't force somebody to bake you a cake if they don't want to.

5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I find the issue about forcing people to bake a cake to be different then the base "gay marriage" issue.

I believe that it is stupid for a business to reject sales, and in the long run it will bring on the demise of the business. However if a business wants to shoot themselves in the foot, then the government should not be regulating their ability to make stupid business decisions that don't directly harm the community (e.g. serving food made with bad ingredients).

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I agree, but you can't ignore the hypocrisy of a group that pushes for legal rights (to marry) but then insists the government get involved in telling other private citizens what they can or cannot do in regards to service.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  7. Banjo

Banjo