Futures Brokers

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by StockKJay, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Hello Elites,

I am looking for a futures broker. I have searched the "brokers" section of the site and found a few targets to look at. What would several of you recommend?

Some of the comments for the brokers are months or even years old.

Minimum deposit must be no greater than $50k.

Access to NYMEX and CME is a must. I figure it would be hard to find a futures broker that doesn't offer this but... I don't know everything. That is why I ask :).

I have begun to notice that there are several elites on this site. I love it! lol!

Take care guys,

2. Call Anthony at Velocity Futures. He is technically proficient and is a nice guy too. They are all proficient at Velocity, a bit small, but know their stuff. I was with them, left them for Pro Active, and have come back to Velocity Futures. They don't handle open outcry really, just electronic, but I don't need my pocket picked in the pit anyways. Paul at VCap Futures seemed like a good guy too. I hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

Dan

3. vision

vision

4. Yep, know a lot about IB. Any other recs?

5. Jay - I trade through ProActive Futures. Commission rates are very competitive and quick access to the main guys - Rich and David - when needed, which is important when trading large lot sizes. I understand dan went to them and left, so it's important that you are comfortable with the firm. I can't complain about ProActive at all.

I recommend getting a list of 5 or so together and then contact each firm directly with your questions and see what responses you get and how quickly you get a response.

6. what's competitive on a r/t es?

7. Joeyata - http://www.proactivefutures.com/fees_comm/CME_Fees.htm That's what ProActive charges. The max you pay on the ES is $4.75 and goes down based on volume.

I was at Alaron prior to moving to ProActive and was paying A LOT more!

8. alex104

alex104

VELOCITY FUTURES WHAT EVER U DO DONT TRADE WITH THEM THERE SCUM BAGS

THESES FUCKS WOULDNT EVEN SIGN OF ON A PEICE OF PAPER SINCE I WAS APROVED FOR AN ECM MEMEBERSHIP ON THE CME AND ALL THEY NEEDED WAS THE FIRMS SIGNATURE ALL THEY DO IS MAKE U CHURN YOUR ACOUNT ANTHONY IS A LYING PEICE OF SHIT I HAD TO PAY 5K MORE IN EXCHANGE FESS BECAUSE THEY SUCK WHAT EVER U DO DONT USE THEM U WILL REGRET IT

9. Brownsfan19,

On what platform you trade ?

10. I use T4 and love it. I keep my dom's pretty simple, so it works for me. You can get a demo from ProActive to test it out. I will warn you of this though - it is VERY customizable so when you open it if you don't like it, don't worry! My dom's look nothing like the default settings.

Here is a screenshot that I posted in another thread: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1153080

#10     Aug 23, 2006