Futures Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by clarodina, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Anyone knows any online futures brokers which allow entry order based on custom programming? However the order generated should be keep on server and valid even without broker platform running.

2. NinjaTrader platform allows customized programming. I think Mirus uses it. Not sure what you mean by the last part. Conditional orders (limit,stop, etc) sent to the broker will stay live whether you're software is running or not. If your talking about your custom program running without the software then you would need strategy runner.

3. itsybitsy

itsybitsy

Been doing some research on this myself. I have a system I'm looking to write to an API. I ran across Open E Cry a couple weeks ago as I'm demoing their connection to Collective2. It appears, based on their site that they have an open API which will not require their software to be running in order for you to connect. Their website says "all orders held server side". I'm going to signup for access and let you know what I find out.

4. Eg custom programming is putting a tailing stop at close - previous 3 bars average true range. Does strategyrunner require to be online connecting for this example of tailing stop? Or once the tailing stop is send, the order will be on server (Formula for tailing stop is also keep on server.

itsybitsy, do post whats your experience with open cry. Does the api customisation keep on their server? That is program the orders using api and the api formula implementation is keep on server?

5. Eg custom programming is putting a tailing stop at close - previous 3 bars average true range. Does strategyrunner require to be online connecting for this example of tailing stop? Or once the tailing stop is send, the order will be on server (Formula for tailing stop is also keep on server.

itsybitsy, do post whats your experience with open cry. Does the api customisation keep on their server? That is program the orders using api and the api formula implementation is keep on server?