FundSeeder.com (promoted by J. Schwager)

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Brighton, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Brighton

Brighton

This link has been on a number of Jack Schwager's tweets lately. Like Sgt. Schultz, I know nothing! ... just passing it along

http://fundseeder.com/

<<jack schwager ‏@jackschwager 19m
    http://Fundseeder.com beta phase about to start. If you want to participate & have IB account or use Metarader4 or CQG send email via site >>

2. rwk

rwk

I received this in a recent email:
    While in our beta stage we will hand select a few traders to start trade tracking. These accounts will be tested under live conditions and will be some of the very first to be added to the FundSeeder network. If your trading account is with one of the brokerage firms that we currently track and you are interested in assisting us during our beta launch, please reply to this email in kind. In your email please tell us where you are trading and why you feel that you would be an ideal candidate for tracking.

I think Schwager has some interesting ideas, but I'm not sure this is the best way to develop them. I have no idea how they will track traders, nor what they are looking for (e.g. safety vs. high returns).

3. MrN

MrN

I don't see any explanation on the site as to how the technical side of this will work. Will they be getting monthly statements from your brokerage account? Daily trade confirmations? Real time monitoring?

It seems like a neat idea, however choosing to participate or not participate (I assume) will depend for many on the specifics of what data they will be taking, how the data will be used, data security, etc.

4. Cmoss

Cmoss

that's a pretty cool idea, i'll be interested to see how it goes.

5. Both IB and MT account data, including trades and current positions, can be exported. For example, in IB, you run what they call a "flex query", which creates an xml file, which can be uploaded and parsed to extract the trading history. I think this is what FundSeeder is planning to do.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  6. Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

I see they plan to charge traders a 'nominal fee'. why would anyone want to pay ? Isn't it free to get listed on sites like Barclayhedge ? Or Myfxbook ?