Funded traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by giorgio993, Aug 30, 2018.

1. guys, is there a REAL (no scams) way to become a funded trader? Like passing a challenge or some like that?

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, of course. TopstepTrader and Earn2Trade provide that service. Both companies are sponsors of this site as well.

3. As Baron said, TST and E2T are legit. I know them both and know some of the TST team personally. Good people.

Earn2Trade-Ryan likes this.
  4. traderjo

traderjo

It depends upon your background and location, there are 3 types of props ( generalizing)
    1) Top tier prope firms , those who recruit via campus interviews etc If you have the background in engg/ maths computing, finance etc the job could be as a trader or in the Quant area
    2) Self funded like Equity props , need licencing (Bright trading fro example)
    3) "Pay for test and hope to get funded!" you have to see what the break even point would be
    4) Alternative to option 3 = Instead of paying for such tests using same rules use free sim trading available from any reputable FCM ( in futures space or paper accounts with equity broker dealers)) and see if you can trade
    Don't go blindly do some due diligence

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    NoEmotionTrader and ProTrader_UK like this.
  5. Another one worth checking out is TraderDock in Dublin. They're associated with Positive Equity (PE) and PE is an exceptional prop shop. https://www.traderdock.com/

6. Thank for the reply!
    I’ve been paper trading now for 3 months and grew my 25K account of 47%. I just feel that i can really be consistently green and unfortunately I don’t have enough fund for day trading so i’m limited by the pdt rule would you pay for a test with a chance to get funded? I mean, how reliable are these tests?

Ps. I grew my small account (real money) 35% in 2 weeks.

Pkay likes this.
  7. nickynoes

nickynoes

If you can compound like that you shouldn't need funding, you will be as rich as you'll ever need to be in less than a year.

8. I mean, to have full flexibility and risk management you also need to cut losses and sell when you need to sell which costs you 1 of the limited 3 day trading. It’s very annoying and limited.

9. The ones that advertise seem to be real TST for sure is giving you a live account when completed. Don’t get to depended on past performance trading is very difficult. I did a post on all of the pay for funding companies 2 of the 3 I have gotten “funded”. But in short I would recommend every trader try either TST or Oneup(rules more realistic much better in my opinion FYI I wasn’t able to get funding) as long as you don’t exceed the fees amount example the 50k gives you $1500 don’t pay tst more than 1500. The cons in short you needed to make so much money compared to what you can loss your not likely to pass.

Pkay likes this.
  10. GotherL

GotherL

Is there one that aims at stocks and doesn't require a deposit? (I can't trust those...)

I have zero interest or experience in futures/forex.

I know so much about daytrading stocks but never had the money to blast off my trading career.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    #10     Sep 2, 2018
    giorgio993 likes this.