Funded Account at Earn2Trade - question.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderwald, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

If we get a $25,000 funded account at Earn2trade, how many lots of ES could I trade ?

Also, do they allow Swing trades and Options on Futures with the account ?

Thank you

2. Handle123

Handle123

I think these been answered already in other posts.

https://elitetrader.com/et/forums/prop-firms.15/

3. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

Hello!

Contract sizes are determined by your available margin, which is determined by your balance. We use the full maintenance margin so you would start with the ability to do 4 ES contracts and as you gain/lose, your available amount will adjust.

We don’t allow options but we do allow you to hold trades overnight. The only requirement there is you have to have at least one new unique position per week. You can’t pass by just holding one position the entire time, it wouldn’t be enough performance history for the prop shop to make an offer.

Hope that helps!

4. etrades,

In the Gauntlet for 60 days that is currently 4 contracts... as Ryan stated. But after you get funded and demonstrate how you trade then you can place a request with Helios to "up" your power. Helios is a separate company. But this is down the road from now...worry about passing the Gauntlet with Earn2Trade...

I am finding that to demonstrate good trading with other peoples money is strongly on the side to demonstrate minimal risk. Gauntlet is all about demonstration. Your thread seems to be about a funded account.

Es

P.S. Folks if your trading permits...there is nothing stopping you from having several prop accounts (if they themselves do not restrict you)....if you can manage it. There is Oneup & TopSteptrader too...The unique thing about Earn2Trade is that you do not get a 1099 and can hold overnight. ALSO: You can still trade your own accounts but you will need to pay the CME $105.00/mo for exchange data as you are now a proffesional if you get funded.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  5. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

Clarification, I am the founder of Helios as well, but we keep the businesses separate, so any questions for Helios should be directed there. In addition, Earn2Trade is working hard to partner with some other prop firms as well in order to give candidates multiple offers to choose from, but we had to start somewhere!

In addition, careful with your statement of "you can have multiple prop accounts", as many of the other prop firms setups put some regulatory requirements on the trader.

6. Ryan..I did not know that...Can I buy you a house?

Es

P. S. Ryan is the guy to know when funding comes around HeHe. Actually I am screwed as I yelled at him during the set-up.

P.P.S. I edited my previous post above.

7. I think I know why the structure of Earn2Trade is an education company and then the structure of Helios is the funding company. NFA REGULATIONS!

This is America. You can own as many companies as you wish...well I guess a good attorney could try and prove a conflict of interest. But attorneys can try anything.

I can be an Idaho Potato farmer and sell to McDonalds even if I own a franchise.

ES

8. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

It's not just about regulations, although it is a big part of it. The other big piece is that both companies have completely different business models and the end goal for Earn2Trade is to be a "go to" source for testing prop traders. Somewhere many other prop shops can accept traders from. Think of The Gauntlet™ certificate as a professional certificate in any other industry. One you need to have to get a decent job. That's the goal we originally envisioned. Consider the Gauntlet™ fee as the fee you would pay to take a certification exam in another industry.

9. What kind of trader are you folks?

Do you prefer to demonstrate 50%/year ROI with 40% drawdown?

or

Do you prefer to demonstrate 25% a year ROI with 15% drawdown?

What kind of investor are you?

Which do you choose above?

ES

10. All the traders must be treated equal...bla bla bla....but I can buy you a house!

This is America!

#10     Sep 15, 2018