Fridays Market Prediction and Plan of ATTACK

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Spectra, Jun 21, 2007.

1. By Alex L. Wasilewski

1) If you trade without a stop loss actually placed in the trading platform:

YOU WILL LOSE MONEY TODAY

2) If you trade more than 10 times today:

3) If you trade against the trend without waiting for ALL your conditions to be met:

4) If you jump from trading method to trading method on a hot tip:

5) If you only take trades that meet your market prediction for today:

6) If you are here to make friends:

7) If you believe people who tell you it is possible to make 90% profitable trades:

8) If you believe you can become a professional trader, brain surgeon, trial attorney, engineer, or CPA in 30 days:

9) If you believe the market will go up today:

10) If you believe the market will go down today:

11) If you believe that there are traders who have secret knowledge of secret trading methods that you can plug into a computer, auto trade, set it and forget it:

12) If you follow your rules, and even after entering the perfect setup, seeing that setup bring you a loss, then letting that loss make you ill, angry, sad, jealous, fearful, or frustrated:

13) If you always try to pick exact tops and bottoms without waiting for the evidence of a top or a bottom:

2. wojack

wojack

yes!! :) thx alex

all sound advice. maybe an admin should move this to the psychology forum

3. Um...

I'll trade more than 10 times, and I'll most likely make money. If I don't, it won't be because I traded too much; with my style, over 40 round trips approaches "over-trading"... seeing 20 perfect setups in a day, or even a couple of hours, is not remotely unusual. Be careful with your generalizations; not everyone is a puretick piker*.

*I am a piker, by the standards of professional traders... just not a puretick piker.

4. dinoman

dinoman

Can we say DE DE DE? You could have provided a much more constructive approach to this thread for a teacher/provider. Instead you take the approach of implying that a trader is stupid if one of your statements becomes true in their trading. Try not to bewilder traders and provide them sound steps toward success.

Great teachers don't insult their students/prospects because of mistakes or wrong answers. They provide them with a supportive and constructive solutions or processes toward success.

This thread was a poor example of leadership the way it was stated or written!

Making trader's feel stupid or unknowledgeable is not a way to get business. Above all it is not a way to lead or gain trust.

Although, many (not all) of your statements provide good guidance, you chose a poor way to construe your knowledge.

With all good Intentions.

P.S. You forgot to add tommorow has rebalancing in the Russell!

5. insert

insert

Spectra you don't know shit, you are a salesman, you are a sponsor give me a break, you have no idea how to make a penny

or like SiSe said maybe you just can't see because of all the tears in your eyes. :p

you know what I really hate, when people like Spectra that don't know how to trade, suck in even dumber people into taking their money........life is sad if you think about it.

I mean what are we, just hunters and prey, hunted by even bigger or smarter hunters............truly sad

6. To boxy and generalized to be usefull. Sorry Spectra, stick to videos. :)

Osorico

7. I do not know everything the world has to offer but I'll surely post my statements and P&L for the last week if you will. Lets see how much that '***t' amounts to :)

Cajun

8. patoo

patoo

What Spectra is not saying is that there is more than one way to make a profit in the market. These generalizations apply to Spectra's methods. They may not apply to others.

#'s 2, 5, 9 & 10 are complete BS because they are too generalized.