Fridays market meltdown and "Word of Advice" from OptionGuru

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OptionGuru, Jun 26, 2016.

1. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

• The market will continue with its downward slide for the remainder of the June. I have never seen the market immediately bounce back after such a meltdown.
    • The market will bounce back but not this week - momentum at this time is clearly DOWN.
    • Good luck with your trading for the coming weeks - be cautious.

:)

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  2. Were you long GBP before BREXIT vote? Can't recall for sure.

3. TradeCat

TradeCat

Are you thinking about trading Gold or GBP? There are ETFs and related options on both.

LOVE the fact that in today's markets, ETFs are hot and are quickly growing as a valid alternative to futures. Just a thought.

4. achilles28

achilles28

Honestly, I don't think so. S&P on to new highs before August.

5. Loooppy99

Loooppy99

Positioning for 2058 today but should be down below 2006 in a coupla days.
    SPX500Daily.png

6. Actually, the last time the market had a similar gap down (100 points on 24th of August last year), the gap was closed 3 days after with preceding days low being higher than the low on the 24th.

This is however not a call that something similar will happen, but I'm bringing attention to the facts. :)

7. conduit

conduit

lol, I solidly bet against that.

8. gkishot

gkishot

I believe the market is set for rebound.

9. That was an exhaustion gap, the market had been moving sharply lower prior to the final gap.

This gap was made off fresh multi month highs, in fact it was only a few points away from an ATH. This smells and looks like a breakaway gap, and breakaway gaps typically do not get filled quickly.

10. conduit

conduit

This current market has nothing to do with technicals whatsoever. It is a pure risk trade. The world is waiting for the UK and unless they move nothing else will in any meaningful direction other than risk-off.

#10     Jun 27, 2016