[Free] yahoo web quote, within ONE MINUTE

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jk90029, Oct 24, 2016.

1. It takes money to trade. You'd do well do get a day job and husband your resources till costs such as data are affordable for you.

RifffRafff and jharmon like this.
  2. Of course, I have income to pay such as $10/M for data feed.
    However we may need a safe (sustainable) way for the feeding.

If you don't like it, do not do it.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  3. JackRab

JackRab

Hahaaa... safe sustainable way for the data feed... through Yahoo... :banghead: amateur...

d08, RifffRafff and jharmon like this.
  4. wintergasp

wintergasp

jk90029, have a look at some professional providers, that'll cost you 200-400 a months but at least you'll have clean, unfiltered data, with a relatively stable API.

5. Elitetrader... the land of the 'free'... O say can you see...

6. d08

d08

Now I get it. @jk90029 posted a link to Amazon with a referrer tag, his plan is to earn money from ET to pay for real-time data from a provider by asking for things on ET that he doesn't need. Pretty smart :D

7. Not just for money. For example, many install fire place, for sustainable living in case of power dead.

Although electricity/gas might be useful and convenient,it may be dead in emergency.

Anyway everyone choose their own way for living. No objection if some use ONLY electricity/gas.

At least yahoo data may be accessible by web-scrapping, although it may be a lot slower than commercial data provider.

8. d08

d08

You do understand that real-time data for NASDAQ/NYSE issues costs $3 combined for individuals? There's being frugal and then there's being absurd.
    Also, if a broker's data feed is down, so is Yahoo's most likely.

9. Most logic require your condition. However my personal logic need roughly 5-min intraday price.

Anyway I am not so greedy person to save $10/D.

Probably no ETers use yahoo web for data feed, so far.

#10     Oct 25, 2016