Free money in silver?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tim888, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Visaria

Visaria

But they are not selling gold to a fascinated public, they are trying to buy it off them!!!

When there are stores trying to offload gold and the public is buying hand over foot is when you should be wary.

#31     Apr 20, 2011
  2. sorry, none of this contrary shit works like it used to.

gold has been in overhyped bubble mode for the last 500 points.

fading the morons only works when it works.

aint working now.

this is the age of follow the kool aid drinkers

thank that war criminal Bernake

#32     Apr 20, 2011
  3. tim888

tim888

Don't care about bubbles. Rally is alive in silver. Everyone I know has bought by now and sitting on good profits. I may put everything in my account in SLV today because I think it is on its way to $50, non-stop.

#33     Apr 21, 2011
  4. LOL, silver moving in $1 increments now. Dollar dropping a cent/day against other currencies, even more against stuff with real value.

#34     Apr 21, 2011
  5. tim888

tim888

+100

#35     Apr 21, 2011
  6. tim888

tim888

I feel I am missing the most important rally of all times. I am putting everything I have left in cash in silver today at the open. I mean all the cash I got. This thing has a long way to go. Don't care about risk management. It recovered in one just day and now it is making new highs. This is how it will go for the rest of the year. I see $80 easy.

#36     Apr 29, 2011
  7. Visaria

Visaria

There's a new rally in another commodity which is just beginning...but I shall leave it to you to find it :D .

#37     Apr 29, 2011
  8. Yeah, I agree when this thing crashes it will crash hard. Silver is basically just an industrial waste metal, with apologies to the diehards.

But you've got to have removal of liquidity from the system for that to happen. Will crash the stock market, banks, and housing market along with it.

2 observations - First, with all the turmoil in governments in the middle east and africa, where they are traditionally physical metal holders by culture and religion, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these dictators are hedging their bets by converting to physical, especially since the USD currency might not be too friendly to them.

Second, China historically valued silver almost as highly as gold, and used silver for trade much like we did with gold in the old gold standard/balance of payments world. Remember the trade dollar, minted for use to trade with china in the 19th century?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_dollar_(United_States_coin) . As the chinese are a people of great tradition, I can't help but wonder if this price increase is coming from the east... just a musing, no way to prove.

I'm waiting for a rise in short term interest rates to signify a change in the operating environment. I see no indication of this.

#38     Apr 29, 2011
  9. Visaria

Visaria

I'm happy to stay with the trend in silver :)

#39     Apr 29, 2011
  10. Natty has a nice monthly chart base that looks ready to rip.

#40     Apr 29, 2011