France, Germany to Propose Financial-Transaction Tax

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Aug 16, 2011.

1. France and Germany will propose a financial transaction tax in September, President Nicolas Sarkozy said after talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

The two countries also proposed European Union President Herman Van Rompuy to head a “euro council,” Sarkozy told reporters in Paris today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-16/france-germany-to-propose-financial-transaction-tax.html

Thank you very much you anti European professional idiots from London. You have bombarded over months the media with anti European fear mongering. Now, pay taxes, you idiots!

BY, BYE, London. Your "financial center" dreams are OVER!

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So the summit gave way to absolutely NOTHING of relevance.

Not like that tax is going to pass.

3. There is already a 0.5% levy on UK stock purchases. MAybe this applies to FX and bonds.

4. Of course great relevance. We know now that there will be another round of layoffs in London. Let´s say another 50.000 jobs lost in London. They deserve it. They have made propaganda against Europe for more than 2 years.

Good luck, you clueless banksters. Maybe your next job is at McDonald´s ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. Dogfish

Dogfish

Or UK say no and all eurex products get priced on a new london exchange tax free. If not bund etc will move to cme or such regardless, the european exchanges will be a wasteland and the products all indicatively priced via foreign exchanges. Eurex US might even make a comeback!

6. sheda

sheda

Oh forgive me?? Please link me to the current news article of Britain giving there consent?

7. sheda

sheda

"Of course great relevance. We know now that there will be another round of layoffs in London. Let´s say another 50.000 jobs lost in London. They deserve it. They have made propaganda against Europe for more than 2 years."

What they have made propaganda against the antidemocratic unelected self appointed maniacs who wish to control there business and lives and now they deserve to lose it all because those who they suspected of causing them grief intend to? Am I reading you correctly?

8. Illum

Illum

I thought they were trying to solve the crisis, not start another one..

9. Can't all these European companies just have ADRs in the US and then bypass all these stupid taxes? Moreover, can't they just move all their trading volume to the US?

Of course, I don't trust our politicians either. If they pass a tax like this in the US, we can send all the volume somewhere else. I'm sure they won't mind all the jobs.

10. sheda

sheda

They want to make trades legally unenforceable unless the resident pays the tax despite his location, its his residency that makes him liable for the tax As far as I could make out from the various videos it was mentioned in.

I seen it in a video a while back concerning German citizens.

#10     Aug 16, 2011