Former Derivatives Trader Wins $446,000 At World Series Of Poker

Discussion in 'Trading' started by operator, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 2.5MM, not bad.

Andy Frankenberger, a former equity derivatives trader turned professional poker player, collected $446,000 with his second win at a World Series of Poker event.
    Frankenberger, 39, outlasted a field of 179 players to win the 17th event on the World Series schedule yesterday in Las Vegas, where he beat Phil Ivey in head-to-head action to take the top prize in the $10,000 pot-limit hold ‘em tournament. Andrew Frankenberger, a former trader turned professional poker player. At the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. Frankenberger left the trading desk at BNP Paribas SA (BNP) in New York three years ago to travel and in 2010 started playing tournament poker, which has now turned into his career. He won his first World Series of Poker event last year and earned a second gold bracelet by taking down Ivey, who has won eight WSOP events.
    Frankenberger, who also worked at JPMorgan Chase & Co. after earning an economics degree from Duke University, has now won about $2.5 million in live tournaments.
    “I left Wall Street having no idea that I was going to play poker professionally,” Frankenberger told the World Series of Poker’s website. “With the successes, I decided to do so. And it was a great decision. I’m really enjoying myself, I’m traveling, playing poker. I couldn’t be any happier.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...er-wins-446-000-at-world-series-of-poker.html

2. Looks like he dressed in the dark

3. “I left Wall Street having no idea that I was going to play poker professionally, my wife said she is going to leave me because of my obsession with poker but I think she is bluffing"” Frankenberger told the World Series of Poker’s website.

:D

4. i'd tell her to not let the door hit her on the way out.