Foreign Exchange Stock Lists

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by CDNPatriot, Jan 8, 2006.

1. CDNPatriot

CDNPatriot Guest

Anyone know of an English site where I can find a stock screener for foreign stocks for the following countries

France
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Netherlands
    United Kingdom

Must have a stock screener that can screen for stocks with a volume of greater then 200,000 and price of greater then $5

2. Have you studied the stocks there?
    They're not exactly American states!
    They each have different "character" in volumes, share prices, not to mention they don't USE $5!

3. CDNPatriot

CDNPatriot Guest

Hi risktaker thanks for your response. No I haven't studied the stocks there. But want to. I want to expand my stock list. I use wealth-lab to generate EOD trades with a dipbuyer script. I want to increase my explosure and trade more stocks and thereby reducing my drawdown. All I care about for starters is that the stock has decent volume and is not a penny stock. I will refine my list using fundamentals later.

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

4. Only way I'm aware of is buying data and screening / backtesting using say, amibroker. You can get a bunch of foreign ones at EODdata.com for free and you pay for historical data - $50 U.S for each exchange. Just paid for the TSE, Im happy with the data.

Code Name DateTime
    AMEX American Stock Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    CBOT Chicago Board of Trade 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    CME Chicago Merchantile Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    FOREX Foreign Exchange 09 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    INDEX Global Indices 09 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    HKSE Hong Kong Stock Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    KCBT Kansas City Board of Trade 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    LSE London Stock Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    MLSE Milan Stock Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    MGEX Minneapolis Grain Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    USMF Mutual Funds 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    NASDAQ NASDAQ Stock Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    NYBOT New York Board of Trade 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    COMEX New York Commodity Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    NYMEX New York Merchantile Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    NYSE New York Stock Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    OBB OTC Bulletin Board 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    SGX Singapore Stock Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    TSE Toronto Stock Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    VSE Vancouver Stock Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD
    WCE Winnipeg Commodity Exchange 06 Jan 2006 DOWNLOAD

5. the other problem you'll find is getting a broker. IB doesnt handle asian stocks, as a start.

6. def

def Sponsor

We plan on offering a few this year. Note in the states a stock < $5 is considered weak or troubled. Overseas, they often list stocks at in the 2-5 range to attract retail investors. In other words, if you're seeking to sort out stocks overseas, you should consider doing it by capitalization instead.

7. CDNPatriot

CDNPatriot Guest

Thanks for your input everyone. Def interesting point about capitalization. I plan on trading London, French, Switzerland and anything else IB offers should backtesting yield postive results.

8. CDNPatriot

CDNPatriot Guest

what capitalization should I consider as a minimum?

9. Dude,

You're trying to be a ''jack of all trades" and you haven't even mastered how to be jack!

There's no simple answer. It's called research, research. Unfortunately, many of the other countries' capital markets are not as developed and don't have as much data easily available to retail types, especially in English.

You can probably accomplish most of what you're trying to do *at this stage* thru ADR's.

10. Another good source of data is downloadquotes.com

I was able to get my Japan data from them, and they support many other countries indices.

#10     Jan 12, 2006