First Month Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Starspa, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Starspa

Starspa

As many a noob has done, I made statements on this site that were not supported by experience. Now that I have experienced my first month of live trading equities, I thought I should report back; LOL!!!

First of all, I have not blown up my account, but there were some pretty close calls!!

Trading on paper is unbelievably easy compared to live trading, not because of not being able to get fills or even slippage, but because of human psychology. I may start smoking pot to see if that helps!

I started with so many TA indicators that you could barely see the candles, I'm down to VWAP, the 20 and 200 EMA's and those rarely have a great influence on my decisions.

Thanks to a wonderful woman and a few cool dudes on this site, I concentrate on price action and volume.

One thing is for certain, I love doing this, but I have been greatly humbled!!

P.S. I miss Luger's sidetracked interjections also!

comagnum, Xela and SimpleMeLike like this.
  2. davelm

davelm

Well I did my first month also, and I can tell it's another story when you are trading live. I also didn't blow out my account, but I wasn't profitable. I lost some money, but I used money management, so my losses are not that bad. I'm also using price action trading and hoping to improve my results in time.

3. Xela

Xela

This is undeniably the first hurdle: well done! :)

When I sit down to start trading every morning, my first priority is not to make money on the day, but to be 100% sure I can sit down again at the same time the next morning and start trading again.

Some of his posts were highly amusing, I must admit ...

Buckey, beginner66 and Starspa like this.
  4. jinxu

jinxu

Just passing by...

Any ideas what happened to him? I have not been on here a lot lately.

5. Xela

Xela

No, sorry ... no idea. (I wouldn't be shocked if he'd been "removed", though - I think he was quite often complained about, one way and another. But I have no real evidence for this suggestion at all.)

6. jinxu

jinxu

Nevermind. It's in chit chat. I will miss him though. He never annoyed me.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

most experienced traders know trading is not about sitting on a beach in the Bahamas with a lap top and bikini clad beauties.
    it is like walking through a jungle and knowing that survival is itself a success.

8. Starspa

Starspa

Something just reminded me, there are others that post on almost every thread, with little value, that annoy me much more than Luger did; however, I would never complain, as I am quite sure I have annoyed many with my posts!

9. padutrader

padutrader

well he was warned, according to Baron ...and if someone is warned....he should change

annoying people is a little different from a moderator pointing out something

comagnum and Xela like this.
  10. themickey

themickey

#10     Jun 4, 2018
    jinxu likes this.