FINRA Exams series 3, 7, 22, 57 and SIE ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TradeTune, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Can Non-US citizen take these exams and seat for exam outside US? and which one needs to be sponsored? Thnaks

2. response any

3. TradeTune likes this.

4. - How or where to find a firm that can sponsor me for seating exam?
    - What obligations me and firms have toward each others ?

i couldn't find information on above questions

5. You need to be hired as either an employee or as a 100 independent contractor.

Why are you asking about these licenses in the absence of a commitment from a hiring firm?

TradeTune likes this.
  6. Honestly i don't want to risk studying all materials and not having anyone sponsor me, consdiering my age too. Also i prefer to be working independently.

These exams are not hard to pass and why not do it. But still have to see what future will bring to me, then i can decide if i like to be affilited with a firm.

I think for begining i will apply for series 3, since no need to be sponsored and then apply for SIE (no sponsership need) which is prerequestie for top off courses like series 7, series 57 ...

7. I did not notice you asked about the 3, and you are correct no sponsor needed for the 3. When I first got my 7 and 3 I was employed and sponsored by the employing broker-dealer.

TradeTune likes this.
  8. I have account with Four brokers as retail trader. once i get my series 3, do i have to inform them?
    I'm trading stocks only and Do i need to inform them if i play options and futures ?

Is there any annual fees or re-test i need to seat , that i need to be aware of ? thanks

9. stepan7

stepan7

You are not Broker/Dealer Representative. You are not soliciting business from US public.

As a retail trader you don't need this exams.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  10. that's not the question.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    #10     Sep 10, 2020