Fidelity stalled

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by CAtrader, May 6, 2010.

1. CAtrader

CAtrader

I day trade online through Fidelity and was trying to cancel my order today before it filled. The platform stalled and I could not get through on the phone.
    Any opinions if I have any recourse (I lost money) and other platform suggestions ?

2. horton

horton

I am not a day trader on a normal day but yesterday was not normal and I found myself in daytrader mode. I use Fidelity and IB. Fidelity ATP was a nightmare yesterday during the panic and cost me serious change as I covered shorts into the bounce. It is just too slow. IB was fast and flawless with the exception of slippage that is probably to be expected in that environment.

Fidelity ATP is way to slow for day trading.

3. CAtrader

CAtrader

Hi Horton,
    Thanks much for your reply back- I appreciate your comments.
    As far as Fidelity goes, I'm not able to use ATP as I work from a Mac, so I just use their regular website which I've never had a problem with. Yesterday was so bad and I spoke with them today and they are not wiling to do anything (even though they made a *ton* of money from me last year) to keep me as a customer.

I'm not familiar with IB (just logged in here yesterday for the first time)- do you know if that's a platform available to individual day traders ?

4. horton

horton

www.interactivebrokers.com

10k minimum acccount size
    customer service is average
    commissions competitive for limit and most retail size market orders

5. CAtrader

CAtrader

Horton,
    Thanks so much ! I'm going to check them out. Much appreciated.