Fibonacci works due to self fufilling prophecy or becuz 618 is embeded in humans?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by iamnewuser911, Jul 5, 2017.

1. self fufilling prophecy or the world is embedded with the golden ratio, for example human growth, rabbit breeding etc?

2. Simples

Simples

I think you mean the golden ratio. Real-world only follow golden ratio on maximum information/energy-transfer across scales, which rarely happen in both nature and human endeavours. It's the optimal ratio for scaling continuously and is pure mathematics, so is independent of the physical world. The fibonacci-sequence is a sequence converging towards the golden ratio.

The problem is real-world is inefficient and gross, so you really need to search for such purity in order to find examples of such.

MACD, athlonmank8 and Sprout like this.
  3. It works well in hindsight... :)

JackRab likes this.
  4. motif

motif

Fibonacci works sometimes, other times no. Just like any other trading strategy, it has it's limitations.

5. Yes of course.

6. Sprout

Sprout

Interesting post. From this perspective, the spirals on a sunflower seed head or the unfolding pattern of branching off a tree trunk are these examples of the golden ratio where the mathematics are pure but the physical realization is not?

Would you clarify?

The only think I know that I know is that my wingspan is exactly my height. From there, exploring the relationship of different distances of body point to body point appear to be exact enough for an acupuncturists to find the the same nodal points of influence, whether a being is within the human species or among other mammals.

7. Simples

Simples

Precisely. The sunflower plant has evolved this pattern in order to maximize energy transfer from the environment (sun), and the right formula happens to involve self-similarity (fractals) and golden ratio. Although the optimized function may involve such, real-world implementations and effects will create flaws and non-idealized versions of both sunflowers and treetrunks. It's only in pure mathematics you find the perfect ratios, scales and angles (golden ratio/angle/mean), perfect self-symmetry.

As human beings we're more self-similar than symmetrical, even though we've all developed from just one egg cell (+ a sperm cell), that has later divided according to self-similar and iterative programming (ie. DNA). That our bodies has developed this way doesn't mean we're perfectly symmetrical, but that the "aim" of symmetry is both simple, efficient and beneficial, so a short-cut in order to produce and sustain live complex human beings.

Also plants grow by dividing cells, so self-similarity and iteration is permeating nature pretty profoundly, but will vary according to too many factors to even bother starting counting, not to mention initial preconditions for evolution and development (chaos theory).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    MACD and Sprout like this.
  8. Sprout

Sprout

If you consider the entire built environment that surrounds one in urban living started as a inspired thought in someone's head, then the basis of measurement must be examined - the parametric measure.
    Is the measurement on the basis of light or the measurement of the king's foot?

This leads to a an understanding of "speed of thinking"

The divine mind has the fastest speed of thinking. That why observing living systems will increase one's own thinking speed. Observing non-living systems not-so-much.

One will derive different insights by contemplating while is the presence of a living mountain stream then by contemplating the functioning of a car. Both can be a learning environment yet one is more "pure" than the other.

One of these scenarios will experience increasing organization through time the other decreasing organization through time.

All the great breakthroughs in human progress have come form observing the natural world or by one being in the presence of nature.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  9. motif

motif

Where is Spock when you need him?

10. prices bounce off fib levels more than they don't is what i've noticed

#10     Jul 5, 2017
    truber likes this.