Few notes on AMP Global

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by zenlot, Nov 3, 2020.

1. zenlot

zenlot

Normally I am with IB and using IB data for manual and automated trading, but recently decided to check out advertised AMP EU for CQG data, just for curiosity to see if there's any notable difference.

The process: allocate 1000 GBP to purchase data and try it out.
    Result: 986.95 GBP arrives to the account, even though AMP said: "We do not charge a fee on our end for incoming wires". Anyways, that's not a big problem, advertise that you do not charge, then charge - typical cheap broker tricks.

Next step: purchase market data. Visit page of ampglobal.com (not ampfutures.com):
    https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en...thly-Data-Fee-Increase-Effective-April-1-2020

See CQG:
    > Real Time: Non-Professional Top-of-Book Bundle (includes all CME, CBOT, NYMEX, COMEX)

$3 + $1 = $4

Try to purchase that, no option. Contact support, they'll tell that I am looking at the wrong page as EU clients does not get Top-of-Book, and I should be looking at:
    https://forum.ampglobal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011889773-Exchange-Market-Data-Fees-Monthly

Ok, got that. No clear information. Anyways, purchase the data for 11 USD. Contact support, ask for CQG login details.

AMP Global | Mariusz:
    ---
    Having account with AMP EU you do not need additional CQG credentials as access is enable directly once you submit the Futures set up form in your portal.
    ---

Request CQG login details again via chat.
    ---
    AMP Mariusz (EU): I have just emailed you regarding your query. You do not need and we do not provide with additional CQG credentials when having account with AMP Global EU
    ---

Asked if there was any mention in web page, or terms and conditions that CQG login details are not provided when purchasing CQG market data. Support offered to open account with AMP US and got a bit angry:
    ---
    AMP Mariusz (EU): Sir, do you understand what I am trying to explain you? We do NOT provide any additional credentials. You already have full access to your selected exchanges. As mentioned above You can simply open an account with AMP USA to meet you all your requirements (data fees and CQG credentilas as well) .
    ---

Nothing personal here, you can't expect much from a cheap broker like AMP, just dropping this here to raise awareness if anyone will want to go the same route with AMP EU.

rts232 likes this.
  2. Millionaire

Millionaire

Im in the UK, i opened account with AMP US. I get $1 top of book data...

VPhantom, CALLumbus and zenlot like this.
  3. wmwmw

wmwmw

1. From what I understand, amp didn't charge you wire fee. Ask your bank if they charged you.
    2. AMP said they don't give you ADDTIONAL credentials. You already have one credential. If you want to login platforms that use CQG data, use this same credential to login.

4. zenlot

zenlot

1. My bank charged 5 GBP(thus transferred total of 1005). AMP charged 13.05 GBP. Which is fine, it's just hidden and only AMP EU does this, just not advertise and when you ask support, they say that they do not charge. After you've been charged, and go back to support to ask why you were charged - you get a reply that there are differences in fee structure between AMP EU - AMP USA.

2. "You do not need and we do not provide with additional CQG credentials" - what they meant by this is that when you connect to MT5 platform it's built in. They do not provide CQG credentials as is, unlike AMP USA, which is not mentioned anywhere else either. Further explanation:
    ---
    AMP Global | Matt (AMP Global (Europe))

Nov 3, 2020, 6:10 AM CST

Hello,

Again, we do not provide any CQG login details.

All data and trading is provided through MT5, this is what you are entitled to with the CME Data feed.

Best regards,

Trade Desk
    ---

The only way to go this route is open account with AMP US. Overall support is poor, not unexpected and information is hidden and unclear, possibly on purpose.

5. wmwmw

wmwmw

1.If your wire goes through intermediate bank, you could be charged by that bank too.
    2. I use AMP USA. and I have one credential provided by CQG, but I can use this credential to login any platform that use CGQ data.In your case, I believe your account regular credential does the job.

6. DevBru

DevBru

I am an EU client at as well at AMP USA and i was never charged for deposits and i have access to top of book data.

7. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Confirmed. AMP Global (Europe) currently only offers MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4.

Yes, We use CQG integrated with MetaTrader 5 for datafeed and order routing for the Exchange-Traded Futures. We provide AMP Global (Europe) customers the ability to trade REAL Exchange-Traded Futures, FX and CFDs - All in one MT5 Account.

We setup AMP Global (Europe) to be AMP Flat pricing (even if funding with as little as $100)
    https://commissions.ampglobal.com/exchange-traded-futures-price-quote

Also, AMP Global (Europe) has much more available banking options: https://www.ampglobal.com/trading/deposit_withdrawal_options.html

So, it you are using MetaTrader 5 and a Non-USA person, AMP Global (Europe) is a great fit for you.

If you are using a different trading platform, not MT5 or MT4, then AMP Futures will provide you access to choose from 3 different data feeds (CQG, Rithmic and TT) and 40+ Trading Platforms.
    https://www.ampfutures.com/

Either way...we are here for you 24 hours per day.

Happy Trading!

TradeTune likes this.
  8. zenlot

zenlot

To summarize:
    1. AMP EU - does not and will not provide CQG credentials. Only AMP USA provides it. So if you purchase CQG data via AMP EU, you won't get CQG credentials, you will only be able to use market data in MT5. See AMP EU support reply:
    Code:
    ---
    AMP Global | Matt (AMP Global (Europe))

Nov 3, 2020, 6:10 AM CST

Hello,

Again, we do not provide any CQG login details.

All data and trading is provided through MT5, this is what you are entitled to with the CME Data feed.

Best regards,

Trade Desk
    ---

2. AMP EU charges fee for deposits and withdrawls. AMP USA does not charge for deposits. See below support reply from AMP EU, you need to look at "FeesNew.pdf" which is hard to find and no information during deposit:
    Code:
    (01:43:10 PM) AMP Global | Galina: 1)AMP US does not have charge for deposits-AMP EU has charge for deposit-you can see it in your client portal in Documents-Broker Forms
    (01:44:04 PM) AMP Global | Galina: 2)up 1000 eur there is no charge,but you deposited GBP-foreign currency for our bank which is operating in EUR
    (01:44:25 PM) AMP Global | Galina: Agent uploaded: FeesNew.pdf
    URL: https://v2uploads.zopim.io/3/R/r/3RrRfZGVK3Rm4M59tc62lnpD7EQnNY85/e54858688956be017214942c8a85713181f8c193.pdf

@AMP_Global - I like how you jumped in here and tailored your reply to ignore the issues highlighted - nice one.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  9. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

1. Is the answer to your original question: Confirmed. AMP Global (Europe) currently only offers MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4.
    No where on AMP Global (Europe) website does it list any other platforms or CQG access. This is why support explained that you would not get a direct CQG login, like AMP USA. You will just login directly to your MT5 (powered by CQG)

2. Yes, with all these many banking options....they (Not AMP) charges fees. Depending on your preference, you can select any of these different banking options.

Hope this helps

10. zenlot

zenlot

1. No where in AMP Global (Europe) website does it say that you won't get CQG credentials, when you *purchase* market data from CQG. You see what I am saying? Not getting what you're paying for.

2. What do you mean "with all these many banking options"? I have opened a support ticket and asked how can I transfer GBP to the account. Support explained, that I need to transfer to this and only to this bank, AMP account in Cyprus. They have also confirmed, that AMP does not charge fees. Yet, the received amount is less than it sent.

I'll give you a dumb example here, as you seem to be missing a point "with all these many banking options...". When you transfer 1k, 10k, 100k to for example Interactive Brokers account, you receive 1, 10 or 100k respectively in your account. And you make a bank transfer within the EU. When you transfer to AMP account and the only AMP account in EU Cyprus provided by your support, which confirmed that no fees are charged, you receive ~1.4% less than you transfer.

See what I mean or playing ping pong here?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    #10     Nov 3, 2020