Fertilizer stocks out of favor

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NoDoji, Jul 24, 2008.

1. If the inventory is high why did mos report it? That didn't help matters. You think anyone checks the inventory?

#51     Oct 2, 2008
  2. kxvid

kxvid

CF is getting crushed today. MOS even worse. These stocks are looking dirt cheap. This is the work of short sellers.

#52     Oct 2, 2008
  3. Stocktrad7r, you are forgetting we are in a bear market. Even stocks with great fundamentals will get cut down to size.

Many of these investment banks and institutions are having trouble. They hold packages of these stocks. Indvidual investors are having trouble. Now we go through the process of margin unraveling.

These stocks might get sold off with everything else in order to get off margin.

Is it the fundamentals or that we are in a bear market or both? It doesnt matter, these stocks will go much lower no matter how you think or feel.

#53     Oct 2, 2008
  4. You still have no clue. You never made any money on your 'calls' and you never will. I sold all my AG stocks (MOS, CF, TRA, AG) once they breached technical levels between July/August. Well off the highs, but much much higher than they are today. I will buy them back once they (if ever) build a solid base and break out again. If they never come back, I couldn't care less. Other opportunities will present themselves.

It's called trading, instead you see a bubble behind everything that is going up because it's "too expensive". The mindset of a true amateur.

#54     Oct 2, 2008
  5. This is a new low for Makloda. This is the same logic that was used when Yahoo was going down in 2001.

Yes Makloda, I too think POT will be a great buy and I'll consider it when it gets under 30 bucks, but even then it might go lower. Of course there will be rallies from here and I expect one tommorrow for POT, but price has been broken and any rally from here will be a bear market rally.

Good luck to all in this trade, but I think POT will be a buy at under 30 bucks.

#55     Oct 2, 2008
  6. golong

golong

Have faith in POT! Luckily, I can afford to lose the money I put in stocks (not just POT), and if I lose_everything_ or have to hold on for 40 years it doesn't really matter much to me long term... If anyone has a family and is getting smashed by this crisis they have my sympathies though.

#56     Oct 2, 2008
  7. As I wrote previously back in August, it smelled really fishy that RBC Capital kept upgrading POT - target $340.

Fundamentals, potash shortage, "people gotta eat", whatever.

Plus JP Morgan, BMO, and UBS were pumping it. You know what happens next.

I sold my SMN too soon at $47-ish and that was a few grands difference now that it's at $65. Also covered POT way too soon. Duh... oh well. I'm not gonna chase it, and still thankful I've made some money.

#57     Oct 3, 2008
  8. No. It's the work of the USD strengthening.

#58     Oct 3, 2008