Feeman's Scalping Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Feeman, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Feeman

Feeman

I developed an automated scalping system that can scalp futures or FX. So far I have traded DAX, NQ, YM, CL, EMD, SI, FESX, ES, ZW, and ZS from 9:30 to 12:00 ET. The software runs on NinjaTrader and coded in C#. TradingTechnologies is the datafeed.

I have watched this system trade in Sim and real money for a year and I believe it has a chance a long term edge. It is designed catch fast, short term directional movements. At times, it will stop and reverse until the daily profit/loss goal is attained.

The goal is to gain $50-$100 per instrument per contract per day (before slippage, commissions and fees. Initially, I'm trading one contract. If the system performs well, I'll increase the size. My broker is Crossland Deep Discount where I pay $.35 per side in commission plus fees.

For the purposes of this Journal, I'm going to officially start on 2/1/12 with a $10K account. I may post daily charts and/or trade blotters but will certainly include daily statements (with personal infomation omitted, of course). I'll try to be as transparent as possible.

2. Feeman

Feeman

No trades today. Broker forgot to refresh the Fix Adapter on my new account.

3. Feeman

Feeman

Today, I traded YM, NQ, ZX, ZS, and ES. All hit the daily profit target; however, given the trades are at market, slippage was (and always will be) a factor.

Profit was $262.50 before commission and fees.

Trading statements arrive late at night and will be posted either upon reciept or tomorrow morning.

4. Feeman

Feeman

Correction: ZW, not ZX.

5. Feeman

Feeman

Broker did not sent statement from yesterday yet--they are trying to learn why and I'll post it after it's received.

Anyway, here are two trades that took place this morning, both for $55 profit.

[​IMG]

6. Feeman

Feeman

Here's the last trade of the day, a scalp in ZW. Took two ticks in slippage.:(

[​IMG]

7. Feeman

Feeman

Account performance for the day before commission and fees.

[​IMG]

8. What is the total per side (commission plus fees)?

IB is around $2.50.

9. Feeman

Feeman

It varies by instrument because exchanges have different fees, but on the YM, for example, I pay $1.51 per side.

10. Feeman

Feeman

Here is yesterday's broker statement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#10     Feb 1, 2012