Fed Liquidity Move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Mar 11, 2008.

1. saxon

saxon

LOL

#21     Mar 11, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

This is exactly why you have to hedge your trades if you are holding any position of significance (EEM,EWZ, NQ, XLF, and C puts hedged with GOOG, BIDU, GFI, XOM, SMH, SIGM calls). Nevertheless I am going to be a lot worse off today than I was yesterday unlesss we see some $30+ moves in Bidu and Goog. Fed makes me sick, how much are they lending to the Carlye group, bet this saves their ass.

#22     Mar 11, 2008
  3. Arnie

Arnie

That's one way to look at it. I think this is very positive for the markets. The Fed is finally coming to terms with the fact that this has little to do with rates. Besides, how low can they go when you are already near historic lows? It shows they are more than a one trick pony. :D

#23     Mar 11, 2008
  4. What if the market closes red today, if it does you know things are far worse than anyone is saying.

#24     Mar 11, 2008
  5. Daal

Daal

no chance of a red close today, remember when 75bps cut came, the market was very sick, rallied but kept selling off this market is much healthier

#25     Mar 11, 2008
  6. With the market oversold coming into today, I doubt that would happen, even if it tried to, PPT will save it on a symbolic day like this with Fed action.

#26     Mar 11, 2008
  7. Buffett was willing to take the monoline MUNI bond insurance which was never in trouble.

The Fed is taking "AAA" mortgage backed that may or may not be AAA. Buffett did not want the bond insurance on these.

Not really the same. The Fed move reeks of desperation.

#27     Mar 11, 2008
  8. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgpUf1psloY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgpUf1psloY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#28     Mar 11, 2008
  9. Excellent Commentary

............................................................................

Well let's see....

The Fed can print money, create debt, tax, and control interest rates....

So the Fed throws a less than $200 billion tax credit bone to Walmart via China....

And today ....is throwing out a $200 billion bone to the credit facilities for nongovernment banks....

So....at the end of the day....what does this really contribute to the pending required structural changes....

And do note....it was only after oil made a 4x increase....that the Bush Admin suggests movement towards nonoil energy....and of course forgot to mention the removal of tax credits for non oil energy in the new energy bill.....

And do not forget that it is the very head of the treasury that actually garnered personally millions from the promotion of the instruments that are causing the problems.....who is promoting the solutions....

Sadly...this is almost comical....This is truly third world stuff....

#29     Mar 11, 2008
  10. The market does not seem to be reacting too much to this event C is only up about a dollar. Perhaps I misunderstand what this event would imply but that does not seem like alot given the circumstances

#30     Mar 11, 2008