FACT CHECK: Ryan takes factual shortcuts in speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Aug 30, 2012.

1. That's just silly, the main point for conservatives is for obama to lose, therefore it's perfectly sane to vote for Mitt

#11     Aug 30, 2012
  2. Well you got that one right. No plan, just ABO.

#12     Aug 30, 2012
  3. I don't know that I'd call this a factual shortcut. The fact is, it's true. It was a case of poltical patronage and corporate welfare. Problem is, he took money too. What he is, is a hypocrite.
    Like I wrote in another thread this morning. These guys(all of them) give real pretty speeches. Substance on the other hand...not a whole lot there.
    Come November we'll be electing the best performers money can buy. Charlie Sheen played a great role in Platoon, but he's not really they guy I'd want next to me out on an LP, or hitting a hot LZ. See the difference? I knew that you could.

RYAN: "The stimulus was a case of political patronage, corporate welfare and cronyism at their worst. You, the working men and women of this country, were cut out of the deal."

THE FACTS: Ryan himself asked for stimulus funds shortly after Congress approved the $800 billion plan, known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Ryan's pleas to federal agencies included letters to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis seeking stimulus grant money for two Wisconsin energy conservation companies.

One of them, the nonprofit Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp., received $20.3 million from the Energy Department to help homes and businesses improve energy efficiency, according to federal records. That company, he said in his letter, would build "sustainable demand for green jobs." Another eventual recipient, the Energy Center of Wisconsin, received about $365,000.

#13     Aug 30, 2012
  4. hmm
    lenin or obama =obama

mao or obama = obama

che or obama= obama
    chavez or obama =same difference

anybody more libertarian than the above losers or obama = ABO

See a pattern yet , oh that's right you folks don't do too well with standardized testing on general knowledge,
    MY BAD

#14     Aug 30, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What's flawed is telling someone else how they should vote. If you wish to stay home and masturbate, you are more than welcome to do so - I've no doubt that would better motivate you.

If i'm going to go to the horse track and place a bet on a horse, I'm not going to place the bet on the horse that is sure to come in last, no matter how noble the thought. I'm going to put my money where it has the best chance of making a difference.

#15     Aug 30, 2012
  6. Yannis

Yannis

ABO baby, ABO! :D

#16     Aug 30, 2012
  7. Mercor

Mercor

These reporters should be banned from using the word FACT.
    They agree what Ryan says is true then they disclaim it because Ryan voted against it.
    FACT means to check what was said.

BTW Ryan voted against it because it didn't cut enough. Obama dropped it because it cut to much.

#17     Aug 30, 2012
  8. Politicians aren't supposed to be 100% factual or tell both sides of the story or point out the weaknesses to their own argument. The politicians job, during an election, is to paint a positive picture of themselves and a negative picture of their opponents and it's ok if they exaggerate or stretch the truth.

#18     Aug 30, 2012
  9. hughb

hughb

I was delighted to see Ryan mention the "you didn't build that" line in his speech. The Romney campaign needs to hammer on that every day right up until the election.

#19     Aug 30, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Even though they are being contextually dishonest? Where would the GOP be without exaggeration and willful contextual tone-deafness. Nothing quite like intellectual photoshop, eh?

#20     Aug 30, 2012