"EXTENDED" unemployment benefits running out soon!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Jan 29, 2010.

1. xburbx

xburbx

hardworking at what? there are still jobs around, people just claim to be "looking". hardworking to me, in the situation of becoming unemployed, is someone who is up 7am-7pm looking for any job he/she can get. there is no shame in working at a grocery store, bartending or any other type of work. i dont think just because someone worked hard and they are honest they deserve a hand out. the super rich should not be beat down because of the cards they play. if they are crooks they should go to jail but if they did it by massaging parts of the system or being smarter than someone, they should keep their rewards. i am not part of the "super rich" but i do believe in what i stated

#21     Jan 30, 2010
  2. Funny statement given current conditions.

I'm sure in your world the 3 decades of Republican rule were bright and shiny.

Joe the plumbers. All the same. They think deficit spending while enlarging the govt. and waging non-stop quagmires have nothing to do with today's issues.

How's the tea gagging going for you?

#22     Jan 30, 2010
  3. clacy

clacy

I agree.......Deficit spending and growing government are real threats to our way of life.

That is why we need to stop Obama and the Progressives that have permeated the Democratic party and fight them with all of our might.

RINO Republicans and Neo-Cons are next on my list.

Bring in some politicians that are fiscally conservative so that our country has a chance to thrive again.

#23     Jan 30, 2010
  4. Arnie

Arnie

If you graph the length of the past few recessions with the avg length of benefits, there is a clear correlation.

#24     Jan 30, 2010
  5. TGregg

TGregg

Both of them have good jobs already, sad to say.

#25     Jan 30, 2010
  6. I remember hearing a statistic that once you have been out of work for 1 year, there is a 95% chance you will become unemployable meaning you will either never want to go back to work, or if you do, you will hate it so much you quit after a few weeks.

Its hard to say if people "need" to be on the streets or not. I mean these people should only be on the street if the government gets smaller. If we had small government then the system would work better and free markets would work.

We had a good run, but now its time for us to get more in sync with what the rest of the world makes, other wise there will never be any jobs.

#26     Jan 30, 2010
  7. There are jobs around? So the increase in unemployment is due to increasing laziness?

#27     Jan 30, 2010
  8. I second the motion. Some people actually abuse this benefit, up to the point they would no longer or even be qualified for a job.

#28     Jan 30, 2010
  9. fkbsuhites holds the ET record for most posts without any ever making sense...

#29     Jan 30, 2010
  10. If the government doesn't owe you a living or is here to help people in a lousy job market, where few places are hiring, then why are we paying income taxes. They should eliminate income taxes.

I own a physician staffing firm and I have several Cardiology candidates that were terminated due to slow business because of the bad economy where less people have health insurance because they lost their jobs. Also, Medicare cut their reimbursements.

#30     Jan 31, 2010