Extend charts to other monitors on TradingView

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bloomega, Jul 20, 2017.

1. bloomega

bloomega

Hello guys!

My computer is iMac 5K, and I want to connect a monitor to extend the charts on TradingView. I select the layout of "2 charts" like the Weekly chart and the Daily chart are in this layout, and how can I extend the Daily chart to the other monitor and link the symbol to these 2 charts ?(for example : when I click the GBPUSD WEEKLY chart on my iMac, the other monitor will turn to the GBPUSD DAILY chart at the same time ). Thanks!

Happy trading!
    Bloomega

2. toc

toc

3. bloomega

bloomega

4. just21

just21

5. Onra

Onra

Not sure if understand...
    I'm using TradingView with two monitors on a Mac.
    Have you checked these settings?
    Schermafbeelding 2017-07-20 om 14.24.42.png

6. bloomega

bloomega

Yeah, my settings are as same as yours except you choose 6 charts in a layout and I choose 2 charts. The point is: I want to display the weekly chart on iMac and display the daily chart on the other monitor, and how to link the symbol between these two charts on two monitors at the same time by just one click?
    https://www.tradingview.com/x/EHGXmOK6/

7. Sprout

Sprout

They are linked. It's a single browser window. Multiple browsers require a different license. As a workaround, you can display two symbols on a single chart and make one visible at a time.

8. bloomega

bloomega

Yes, they are linked in one window, I want to split the daily chart to the other monitor and make them synchronized with weekly chart by one click, and now I must click 2 times when I switch to another symbol on each monitor. But since you mentioned it requires a different license, I figure it out why they still don`t provide this function, maybe they want to sell more licenses. And in their community they tell clients this situation.

9. Sprout

Sprout

Your settings aren't correct. You can have a one symbol and multiple timeframes shown on a single browser window. I currently have the daily, 30min and 5min as a triple pane when trading equities. Two browser windows require two licenses. Sometimes the triple pane is limiting, so having multiple tabs, each with different settings is a workaround.

10. Onra

Onra

Try expanding one window (tab) across two screens.
    Mine are placed above each other. It works, but it's not stable; often after a little resize or after opening another window, it pops back to fit one screen.

#10     Jul 20, 2017