Explosion rocks SpaceX launch site in Florida - TSLA down 5%

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by OptionGuru, Sep 1, 2016.

1. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

IMO ...... TSLA buying opportunity. SpaceX shouldn't affect TSLA.

:)

2. vanzandt

vanzandt

You said that at $230.

Never fall in love with a stock.

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Explosion at 1:12. Gotta wait a few seconds after that for the sound of it to come through.

comagnum likes this.
  4. That initial explosion looks like, or reminded me, of September 11
    [​IMG] o_O:)

5. dealmaker

dealmaker

6. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

Could you post a link?
    I would like to see under what context did I state that - and when.

:)

7. Sorry but nothing reminds me quite like 911, it was just too brutal. You must not be american to make such feeble comparison.

8. birzos

birzos

@lawrence-lugar - Come on, that's not intelligent. Musk has a simple approach, technology can solve 100% of the problems. The issue is very simple, it can't, you hit limits around 95%. Due to the number of combinations of possibilities it is impossible to code for all scenarios, so they code for the most common within standard deviations.

When you have matey shoving in a refueling pipe or a white truck driving front of you, the computer cannot adapt to the scenarios like the human mind, so it fails. You can expect more of these types of things to happen from flash crashes to rocket failures. Any astronauts going up in a SpaceX are going to have to pack some spare clothes. It's the new LTCM.

9. Cisco34

Cisco34

There was also a disclosure on Solar City's financial health and their $3B in debt. I think that was the primary reason for Tesla's drop. The Spacex crash will likely scare off its Chinese Acquirer. Although it shouldn't affect Tesla the company, since Tesla needs future equity or debt financing, it's a factor because Tesla's ability to pay back any loans is dependent on its other owners (ergo Elon) finncial health.

10. Cisco34

Cisco34

#10     Sep 1, 2016