Experience trading from a windows tablet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by faatshit, Dec 24, 2016.

1. faatshit

faatshit

Hi guys!

As per the title.
    How is it like trading from a windows tablet and any drawbacks doing so?

I plan to get a basic windows tablet to trade from so I can do so on the go with my full time job.
    Internet wise I will probably be tethering most of the time/Wifi from perhaps starbucks or something.
    Since I want it to be portable for convenience sake(otherwise I will use a laptop), I'm looking for a windows tablet at 10'. Lenovo Miix 310.

Anyone who has experience/concerns please do chip in and let me know what you guys think! (Mobile apps i.e. android/apple MT4 are out of the questions as they as impossible to analyse apart from monitoring existing positions)

PS: I hope you guys will stick to the topic and not derail i.e. like trading part time will be useless/unfruitful etc.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We don't recommend trading from wifi but we offer our web trader that would work from a browser.

3. FSU

FSU

If you don't spending a bit more, you may want to consider the Mircosoft Surface Pro. If your not familiar with it is a tablet that can have a keyboard attached. Screen is slightly bigger screen, around 12".

I currently use this when traveling. It runs full windows and has enough ram to open multiple programs and windows. I also use a wireless mouse which makes trading a bit easier.

faatshit likes this.
  4. jl1575

jl1575

Verizon 4G Jetpack is wonderful and the battery lasts 6-8 hours; MS Pro is reliable and smooth; there are even a couple of 8 inch Window tablets that you can put it into your pocket, though they are Atom based computer but can run Window 8 or 10. For those 8 inch, pick one that have 2G Ram and can support active digitizer pen input (Vacom pen) for accurate clicking on the prices on entry and exit, capactive stylus is terrible. There were older models of pocket PC in 5 inch that can run up to Window 7 but the CPU were slower than the current Atom. By the way, VPN is necessary if you use public WiFi.
    Hopefully smartphones that can run full window 10 with a digitizer pen will come into market next year or so.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    apdxyk likes this.
  5. faatshit

faatshit

Surface 3/4 looks great but kinda out of budget right now! May upgrade in the future if I can.

Thanks and cheers!

6. Palindrome

Palindrome

I've got three Windows tablets in my cab, I trade on them while driving a taxi. They work great, highly recommend.

Multi screens are important for intraday observation. That's why I have 2 behind the steering wheel and one that hangs down from the sun visor. My customers think it's strnge but the tablets work great

apdxyk likes this.
  7. algofy

algofy

You daytrade while driving a cab? Sounds scary for all parties involved.

rb7, comagnum and faatshit like this.
  8. :)

faatshit likes this.
  9. comagnum

comagnum

I've got three Windows tablets in my cab, I trade on them while driving a taxi. They work great, highly recommend.

That is the most impressive thing I have ever heard a trader do .. sure beats balancing a check book mentally during sex or smoking while snorkeling.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Surface 3/4 looks great but kinda out of budget right now! May upgrade in the future if I can.

Sometimes I trade on my deck from my Samsung Tab 8" ($110) from my own WIFI. The connection is stable - the screen display is great. I heard voice trading will be released soon - imagine that!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    faatshit likes this.
  10. faatshit

faatshit

Who's your broker may I ask? MT4's android app is bad for trading.

#10     Dec 26, 2016