Ex-Obama Campaign Official - Facebook was on our side

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WeToddDid2, Mar 19, 2018.

1. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

https://ijr.com/2018/03/1077083-ex-obama-campaign-director-fb/

Ex-Obama Campaign Director Drops Bombshell Claim on Facebook: 'They Were on Our Side'

A former Obama campaign official is claiming that Facebook knowingly allowed them to mine massive amounts of Facebook data — more than they would’ve allowed someone else to do — because they were supportive of the campaign.

In a Sunday tweet thread, Carol Davidsen, former director of integration and media analytics for Obama for America, said the 2012 campaign led Facebook to “suck out the whole social graph” and target potential voters. They would then use that data to do things like append their email lists.

2. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

3. exGOPer

exGOPer

Nice try, you ignored this "I am also 100% positive that Facebook activity recruits and staffs people that are on the other side."

Facebook gave Cambridge Analytica INTERNAL data which they are liable for, we are not talking about public data any more that firms can collate.

piezoe and Slartibartfast like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Newsflash, Koch industries on Republicans' side.

5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Facebook gave an academic researcher internal data which was not supposed to be distributed for commercial purposes. The researcher was being paid $800,000 from Cambridge Analytica to be a false front to obtain the 50 Million records.

It appears the Democrats were given the exact same type of internal data freely from Facebook in 2012.

6. exGOPer

exGOPer

Cambridge Analytica KNOWINGLY used the private data, they are culpable for using the data knowing it was for academic purposes.

Your 'appears' accusation is an utter lie, you are indulging in whataboutism as usual. Show me the evidence that the Obama campaign official used internal data, if you bothered to read the article she linked to and rest of her tweets, you won't have said something that absurd. But whatever, carry on trying to gaslight.

7. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

"& were very candid that they allowed us to do things they wouldn’t have allowed someone else to do because they were on our side."

8. exGOPer

exGOPer

Yes and? Check her next tweet where she said the 'other side' aka Romney campaign did the same thing and the article she linked to describes the entire process - she was talking about collating PUBLIC data which is not illegal unlike using internal private data which the Trump campaign did.

Not to forget, CA bragged about bribing, spreading fake news and entrapping people, you are still going with 'whatabout Obama' on this?

9. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Davidsen says that this gave the Democrats a massive advantage, as the Republicans did not gain access to the same data before Facebook shut off the feature.

"The privacy policies on Facebook were … if they opted in, they could tell us who all their friends were. So they told us who all their friends were…We were actually able to ingest the entire social network of the U.S. that’s on Facebook, which is most people.”

“Where this gets complicated is that freaks Facebook out. So they shut off the feature.”

“The Republicans never built an app to do that. So the data’s out there — you can’t take it back. The Democrats have this information, so when they look at a voter file and someone comes to them, they can immediately be like ‘Oh, here are all the other people that they know, and here are people they can help us persuade, because they’re really good friends with that person.'”

“The Republicans do not have that information and will not get that information. I’m a Democrat, so maybe I could argue that’s a great thing, but really it’s not, in the overall process. That wasn’t thought all the way through and now there’s a disadvantage of information that to me seems unfair. But I’m not Facebook…”

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...er-says-facebook-allowed-harvest-masses-data/

10. @WeToddDid2 quote's shitebart, of course. Can we have Alex Jones as an encore.

#10     Mar 20, 2018