Evidence of Collusion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Jul 9, 2017.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

The New York Times just released a major news story this afternoon providing additional details about the previously undisclosed meeting that Donald Trump Jr., Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner held at Trump Tower with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer shortly after Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination.

According to three White House advisers briefed on the meeting and tow other who have knowledge of it, Trump Jr. was promised information damaging to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

As the Times noted, this could provide the first real proof of direct collusion between members of Trump’s circle and the Russians when it comes to election interference:

The meeting — at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican nomination — points to the central question in federal investigations of the Kremlin’s meddling in the presidential election: whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians. The accounts of the meeting represent the first public indication that at least some in the campaign were willing to accept Russian help.

Per the report, it is still unclear whether the lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, actually provided the dirt that she promised to Trump Jr. However, the expectation was she would have the information with her when she arrived at the July meeting.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bomb...illary-clinton-before-russian-lawyer-meeting/

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Indeed.And Trump Jr has admitted to it :)

Frederick Foresight and exGOPer like this.
  3. jem

jem

drudge article said it may have been set up by fusion gps a group who works with the dnc.

and my next question is so what.
    if some says they have some opposition research would you not want to hear it.

4. exGOPer

exGOPer

Fake News. How can Fusion GPS force Trump Jr. into a meeting? Where is the evidence that it was setup? Sounds very much like the fake Seth Rich story used for deflection.

5. exGOPer

exGOPer

6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  7. jem

jem

so let me understand this.

its ok for the dnc's operative to get opposition research from a british spy who got it from russians...

but its not ok for Trump Jr to take a meeting with someone who says she has opposition research.

Frankly, I don't care if this takes trump down... but if what Trump jr. did was wrong then what the hillary's dnc did was worse... and how did this dossier get to McCain did he know he was getting info from russia too?

Tom B likes this.
  8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

One of these days Trump and his supporters are going to realize deflection isn't going to work.

exGOPer likes this.
  9. jem

jem

its not deflection, its pointing out to you that the argument that Trump Junior could not meet with someone to get opposition research makes no sense.

I read the post and the NYT and the huff po and they all had fake news headlines but not one bit of solid explanation about how getting info about Hillary breaking the law would be illegal.

so far the headlines about it being illegal are fake news.
    I reserve the right to change my mind when you bring up facts and case law.

WeToddDid2 likes this.
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

#10     Jul 9, 2017