Ever accidentally crash a penny stock?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RangeTrader, Jun 8, 2012.

1. A few years ago when I first started trading and knew nothing about how the markets worked...

I bought into ARDM or one of those biotechs during it's rise. (Yes, I got sucked into one of those scam stocks.) I steadily bought into it accumulating 100k worth of shares...

Then a couple days later during a rally I sold all my shares at market... :D I did notice price shot downward a little but didn't think much of it.

A couple hours later I came back to glance at it again and a massive selloff had occurred in the couple hours after my fat finger sell... Then it slowly recovered towards close. First I thought "Wow, nice timing on my sell..." Then I was like "Wait a minute, that selloff started exactly at my trade... Hmmm... Whats going on here..."

Massive orders definitely scare the crap out of people and can set trends in motion for hours...

That was one of the key things that helped me begin to understand how markets work... Damn those guys running that penny stock scam must have been pissed. It probably took them a lot of bidding to recover that stocks momentum and get it moving again!!!! LoL!!! Maybe even a few newsletter blasts out to the people they are scamming.

Anyone else here got any funny stories from trading?