Evaluating Prop Firm offers

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TrAndy2022, Oct 15, 2022.

1. The score expresses the value one gets for his fee in multiple times (based on Euler figure) versus own compounding on your own personal account. Some more reputable prop firms especially in FX space (they are also all offering CFDs for some futures (+ cryptos)). The advantage of FX prop firms are that nearly all are offering fixed drawdowns and no trailing drawdown, so it is easier to pass them. That is why those have been chosen here. The downside limit boundary tells you how many attempts you have until it is better just to trade on your own personal account. The upper limit boundary tells you how much profit percentage in 1 month or payout cycle you need to do when it starts to be more favorable to trade on your own personal account. This is also expressed as factor which is Reward-Risk-Ratio of profits to drawdown one trader has. BE means Breakeven as trade-off point.
    Prop Firm Score Extended.gif
    Prop Firm Score Extract.gif

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    Agassi likes this.
  2. GotherL

GotherL

You gonna do one for futures?

3. No, as all futures prop firms here have a kind of trailing drawdown. I do not like trailing drawdowns as it makes more complicated and much more difficult to pass. In addition you can trade index futures as CFDs via tight spreads too on all FX prop firms. They, FX prop firms, also have fixed drawdowns which have a big advantage to traders as the passing rate is much higher here. If you want to start with any prop firm one should also look for instant funding offers like Overview Funding Program (=OFP here) has it, with a score of 4 (=you get 4 times the fee as allowable drawdown effectively), as there is no time pressure and no challenges where you need to achieve a goal. I would say that prop firm OFP is best for starters as you can generate some cash flow on profits and get familiar with the rules based on other prop firms with challenges.

4. You can ask me which futures prop firm offers I should have a look at. Then I can calculate their score. But do not mention me 20 names, only 1 or 2 where you think these are the best offers. Then I will have a look, I promise.

5. GotherL

GotherL

Well I am currently trying Elitetrader funding. Not looking at any others ATM.

It was a choice between Topstep or ETF since these were the only two that offer Tradovate.

6. Overnight

Overnight

US residents are not allowed to trade CFDs. We need a Euro-only forum section here.

7. wmwmw

wmwmw

There are no laws against US residents to trade CFDs , there are laws against firms offering US residents to trade CFDs. The laws are targeting firms not individuals.
    Also you don't trade CFDs in prop firms accounts, you trade demo accounts.There are no laws against trading demo accounts on any instruments.
    For futures prop firms such as topsteptrader , its terms are 10 times worse than forex prop firms , not only because they use trailing drawdown, but also their prices are way too high and profit target/drawdown too low and that is why you are significantly better off choosing a forex prop firm.

8. Overnight

Overnight

Let us see how many times we will back-and-forth this bullshit before you realize you are wrong.

cfdsinusa.JPG

For every retort you come back with, I will find another trading site that will say the same thing. CFDs are not allowed to be traded by US residents.

You wanna' keep this up? I can. Can you?

9. wmwmw

wmwmw

The information you quoted are incorrect.
    Trying googling more.
    And I also said for forex prop firms you trade demo accounts, but this fall on deaf's ears.

10. Overnight

Overnight

Sure thing dude.

https://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/7809-18

cfd1.JPG

CFDs are not allowed to be traded by US citizens, stat.

Why don't you show me a link to a regulatory body based in the USA that specifically allows CFD trading by US residents? If you do, I will apologize.

P.S. Are you a US citizen? I think that clarification by you will settle the issue here.

#10     Oct 15, 2022