Euro-6E prep for day trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by studentofthemarkets, Aug 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Going to do an analysis of the 6E before I trade each morning and post it here. It will be simple, noting key levels and trendlines on the 5 minute or 15 min timeframe.

At this point I don't plan to make any attempts to give a bias.

6E 15 minute chart
    08-11-2022.png

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  2. maxinger

maxinger

I guess you are trading during the US morning session.

if 6E moves, it usually moves during the European session.
    occasionally it might move during the US session.

I am trying to understand your trading style.
    what is your max stop loss?
    I use ~ 10 pips ( 0.0010 point)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  3. Yeah, I could switch to trading the early European session. I think about it sometimes, but I'd have to re-arrange my whole schedule.

4. Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  5. Tried to think of a way to be able to update the chart within a few minutes each morning and so for now this is the new look.

The small black and white rectangles placed on the highs and lows will generally be a distinct low or distinct high made within a single trading day. Finding them can be a little subjective to how price is behaving, so those rectangles may not fit exactly into a single trading day or there may sometimes be two.

The larger rectangles are just areas I see as interesting or important.

This is NOT all the analysis that I do each day, but it is the first thing I work on once I get my charts up. I also don't want to give anyone the impression that this is all I use for trading because I use indicators and mark up my trading charts more than what is below. However, this chart lets me see a good overview of the last few days and the intraday trends and it's been helpful to me to begin the day by marking it up while looking at higher and lower time frames.

This look will likely change as I adjust to making charts to post, but for now, this is what I've settled on:

08-13-2022.png

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  6. easymon1

easymon1

Hey STM, What time is it?
    Nice chart.
    Is that a double top?
    delete.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.