Eurex Vols

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by doublechin, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Thanks for your response.

#41     Nov 16, 2011
  2. Dogfish

Dogfish

No I asked about that avenue as well, they said they have a nice office in the states but EurexUS as an exchange was shut down a while ago

#42     Nov 16, 2011
  3. When the Eurex guy said the bid/ask spread would "blow out",did he say what he thought to?

Interested also to hear what anyone else thinks the spread could widen to?

#43     Nov 16, 2011
  4. so whats the deal with new MMs for the equity indices.. any more details?

#44     Nov 19, 2011
  5. THEWOOD

THEWOOD

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

#45     Nov 28, 2011
  6. Gotta hand it to the Eurex business plan.

In bunds today 175 tick range,but the reality is well over 300 given the volatility today and they managed 450,000 contracts.

Quite an achievement really.

Thursday was absolutely shit as well.

Predicted weeks ago that it would get bad towards year end,also that next year eurex bonds would be doing terrible volume.

Thats a given now.

Why don't eurex get some more algos in,that's been their plan so far, and it's worked so well.

#46     Dec 9, 2011
  7. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Got to agree it has been a total steaming turd today. The volume is very poor.

At times today 110 lots was moving it 5 ticks.

Never felt like there was any interest today. Well except when then schatz, bobl, buxl were on highs and the dax, stoxxs and eurousd were on their lows. Seems there was plenty to be got off on the offer then. Doh!!

#47     Dec 12, 2011
  8. bone

bone

I would be interested to see a long term chart, going back several years, for the Bund volume if anyone could find such a thing - I looked to no avail.

I can say that the Eurex fixed income volume traded here in Chicago is but a fraction of what it used to be in terms of proprietary trading activities.

When you allow your banking shareholders to game and blow out local independent liquidity providers, and when you restrict access to the physical underlying ( Euro MTS cash market in the U.S. ) - then, IMO, Eurex foolishly manufactured their own demise. Makes sense to me.

#48     Dec 13, 2011
  9. Well come the weekend I'll be pulling my orders till new year too.

Friday sts was off in the morning, then they had their xmas party, mx had 50 traders out on a jolly in the alps and another group went to vegas, that's about the total independent population on eurex off, I think the holiday mood/hangovers lasted over the weekend.

The market is just left with low IQ overly emotional robots that have no concept of "reasonable reaction." People said robots would remove emotion from the market but they all seem programmed to bolt for the hills when someone claps their hands behind them ie an intern putting an old irrelevant headline in red on Bloomberg or they are so slow on real new news they try to absorb every local before an almighty puke. Some of the easier patterns to fade at least.
    But agreed volume is shite.

#49     Dec 13, 2011
  10. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Given the amount of data I had to go to a weekly chart.

To be fair the volume decline matches the seasonal pattern but is evidence enough to pack up Friday for the holidays.

#50     Dec 14, 2011