EUR/USD TRADES on a LIVE ACCOUNT, NOT a LIVE TRADING LOG

Discussion in 'Forex' started by fxturtle, Jan 8, 2012.

1. fxturtle,

First of all..Thanks for this Trading log for folks with a day job. This is very interesting.

If this is a live trading journal, the traders want to see a little more than just an archive of how many PIPS you make. I know that you want to disclose how successful you are, but a live trading journal should be more than that...don't you think so?

You need to discuss your trades BEFORE you put them on and annotate some charts if you will... with full disclosure of your strategies, methods....thoughts.

I hope this helps for all of us to learn from each other and not just a wasted space for someones blotter. It's your choice... you can make ET all it can be or you can just post trades after the fact and not contribute or get nothing from the community other than a place to store your trade results.

fxturtle, I hope you continue to contribute and share...this thread has the beginning to be a great thread. I will get off my soapbox now and shut up.

ES

#11     Jan 15, 2012
  2. well, it might sound a little wierd, but I like describing success in pips, unlike those prop traders on the other thread that are always bragging about 6 figures, but never disclose how much they started with.

I agree with ES, so far all we know is that you make 1500 pips with an SMA.

Thanks for the info.

We will anxiously be waiting to read how much you made this time.

Oh, by the way, I know a guy who made 3000 pips using stochastics, and not only does he have a day job, he also has a wife and kids (not sure if he has a dog.)

hope this helps

#12     Jan 15, 2012

3. well i know where this is heading now , only 2500usd a year , what a bargain for a simple SMA system ....

just google fxturtle and it all becomes clear , this thread is little more than spam

http://fxturtle03.blogspot.com/ ..... good luck selling that SMA system for 2500usd :D

#13     Jan 15, 2012
  4. yeah, but at least nobody that reads this stupid thread will waste $2500 on his spam.

Think he just did himself some anti advertising.

#14     Jan 15, 2012
  5. fxturtle

fxturtle

To clafiy things:

First, I never advertise here of my service and never will for it will violate terms, and please let me know where in my posts did I ever did advertised.

Second, as the title says, this is a trading log, not a trading journal.

Third, I speak only of pips because dollar figures will create an illusion to new traders of how much money they can make, whereas it all depends on their risk management. I speak of pips because it is an abosolute.

Lastly, i don't want to discuss my trading stragegy cuz I manage other people's money and it is unfair to them, which cuts across to my core belief of fairness.

I'f the moderator will tell me to stop posting my log, I will respectfully follow.

Regards,

FX Turtle - Forex trading for people with a day job.

Disclosure: I run my business from home and I work in public accounting firm working 10 to 14 hours per day.

#15     Jan 15, 2012
  6. fxturtle

fxturtle

#16     Jan 15, 2012
  7. what the heck did I say? You can read , right? I said talking about results in pips makes more sense than in USD or whatever your base is.

maybe I should start posting every time I have a winning trade how many pips I made, in case I ever want to sell something.

otherwise if anybody ever asks me about FX Turtle I will just point them to this thread so they can see what a scumbag you are.

#17     Jan 15, 2012
  8. fxturtle

fxturtle

Rest assured that you'll see my losing trades as well. In fact, i have more losing trades than winning trades, but my winning trades more than offset my losing trades.

#18     Jan 15, 2012
  9. For the last time oldtime...Posting in PIPS is an absolute... instead of posting in dollars.. ☺

HeHe
    ES

#19     Jan 15, 2012
  10. fxturtle

fxturtle

2012 performance:

Realized pips = + 615

Trade entered at 1.3505 closed at 1.2890 (40 pips above the trendline)

New trade entered at 1.2975 - Date entered: January 20, 2012

#20     Jan 20, 2012