ET Post from THREE YEARS AGO was: SEC investigating MADOFF FINANCIAL?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by trademonster, Jan 9, 2006.

1. fly, I give credit to Cdntrader for finding this. When I started reading the thread, I thought it was today, then noticed the dates.

Hard to believe this post was not 100% legit and the regulators once again proved their ineptitude.

Until they get serious forensic guys in every brokerage, we can't know who is doing what.

Try some serious hard time and massive (multi million) fines to put teeth in that.

Madoff has not only ruined his own life at 70 but seems to have taken his family down with him.

#21     Dec 11, 2008
  2. All my years on ET, and this thread totally blows my mind.

I thought w the illinois gov. i've seen it all. i thought w aig blowing $10B of bailout $$ on more stupid trades i've seen it all.
    But w this story and this thread NOW i've seen it all.

Someone send this thread to cnbc or the wall st journal please!

#22     Dec 11, 2008
  3. lassic

lassic

lol, typical cynical responses back then

#23     Dec 11, 2008
  4. Yup, of course ivan the moron had to chime in with his 2 cents..

#24     Dec 11, 2008
  5. #25     Dec 11, 2008
  6. lassic

lassic

...Mr Madoff’s lawyer, Dan Horowitz, said: "Bernard Madoff is a long standing leader in the financial services industry with an unblemished record.

"He is a person of integrity. He intends to fight to get through this unfortunate event."

god bless lawyers

#26     Dec 11, 2008
  7. TGregg

TGregg

He also got out on a 10MM bond. Secured by his apartment, even. Geez. I'd be history if I were him.

#27     Dec 11, 2008
  8. sammybea

sammybea

I have to second the shock of this thread.. I've been on here for nearly 7 years and this blows me away the most by far. Very nice find Cdntrader!

Hopefully this gets some type of national attention... as it should

:cool: :cool: :cool:

#28     Dec 11, 2008

9. Madoff said he knew business was insolvent for many years. I say he hid his profit knowing he will fail soon. Now he is fined 5 million and up to 5 years in prison. But is that what he really will get? Hmm?

#29     Dec 11, 2008
  10. I'd do 50 billion for 5 million fine... now he is off on a 10m bond??? secured by his apartment??? Can you say flight risk? This guy is 70 years old... what does he have to lose? Even if he eludes for only a few years he has gotten away with it. Read about James "Whitey" Bulger...If you know the heat is coming a few years in advance you can plan your "retirement" without much trouble.

#30     Dec 11, 2008