ET Chat has lost it's luster

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OptionGuru, Aug 11, 2016.

1. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

ET Chat is dead now. It was active when it was added a few months ago but the novelty has worn off.

:)

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Keeping a chat alive is always a challenge.

People say they want it so I put it up.
    People show up and use it.

Then they ask for a separate room for serious discussion.
    So I do that too.

Then they ask for other features.
    So I implement them.

Then everybody stops using it.

:banghead:

i960, JackRab, MattZ and 5 others like this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Baron.... I would love to use it.... but I think you have a glitch somewhere. It doesn't update real-time on the main page... here's a current screenshot:

chat.jpg So it says there are 4 people in there... but when you go there, there is no one there. I have seen it say "10"... but I go there and there is no one to chat.... I think if you fix this, participation will greatly increase. :sneaky:

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Right now my screen says there are 5 people in there.... but in the war room the latest post is saturday and the watering hole its today at 155 pm.

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The count is accurate when I look at it. It says 9 and I count 9 people in the list.
    Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 3.31.29 PM.png

6. What is there to really talk, or chat, about...it's like meeting the same people in a coffee house everyday -- can get rather boring, or stale, to hang out there... :p:vomit:
    [​IMG]
    ...my initial reaction --
    So, how was your (trading) day...you or I could have made a killing or the opposite of that...I would still be somewhat neutral/bored talking or listening to about it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Right... but they aren't in there... like when u just took that snapshot, I wasn't there, but it says I was.....

you know better than me, but there's some glitch somewhere. If the main page says there are 3 people chatting, I should be able to go there and chat.... and yes, the window to the right will show three people... but they won't be there. You see what I'm mean?

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Tell that to Starbucks.

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, but every chat is like that. Just because a person is logged into the chat doesn't mean he's staring at it nonstop. He could be looking at charts, trading, eating lunch, have other browser windows open, etc.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Perhaps it would be better if it were real-time.... just a thought. You asked:sneaky:, ....just my observation. fwiw. I'm gabby abby during the trading day and I have been here for several months and chat never works... I would love to have some company in the war-room.

#10     Aug 11, 2016