ES trading expectations

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Jdesey, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Jdesey

Jdesey

I will be going live again in the next few months. The last time I was trading in the ES was August 2015. I've been in Sim mode for many months and have corrected my errors of the past. I have a good setup based on price and volume and automatic exits both profit or loss.

I want to hear from those who are actually trading what your average results look like currently.

I can hit 6 points per day almost every day. But that's in Sim. Real world will be different I know. The last time I was trading my results were all over the plAce. Now I scalp and have a hard stop at -2 points.

So what are you averaging per day/week/month. No the result is not my primary concern. My biggest concern is to trade well and stick to my rules. But I'm just curious as to what people are achieving

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Baron likes this.
  2. Avg day for me is 3-4 points, anything above that is usually an outlier or in a window of range expansion. I only take 1-2 trades a day though, and am not looking for more (1 trade between 6:30 - 9, another between 9 - 1:15). 24 - 30 points a month is typical for me.

You won't trade the same way you traded sim, so try your best to accept that now.

masterm1ne likes this.
  3. Jdesey

Jdesey

Oh I accept that. 3-4 points per day would be phenomenal. Last time I was live I worked myself up to 10 contract trades.
    With my current rules I risk 3 percent of account per trade.