Es Algo Late Day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by pwrtrdr, Apr 1, 2010.

1. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

You may be correct, you may not.

So they were "squaring" books when it went from 74 to 66.5 ?

What "market" is easier?

I dont think the ES is "hard to trade" I just want to know what that late day rally was... you may be absolutely correct, I just thought ALGo..

#11     Apr 1, 2010
  2. No, I was referring to the recovery from 66 to 73. The selloff to cover the nyse-session gap fill was textbook, and the recovery certainly could be expected considering the significance of tomorrow's report.

#12     Apr 1, 2010
  3. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Ok Thanks

Tmmrw report, market closed ? ..... I suppose.

No trade after 3:30, nothing seems to make "sense"

#13     Apr 1, 2010
  4. Why are you arguing?

There's no pattern. Markets do this.

This thing has been in the biggest uptrend it's almost ever seen.

#14     Apr 1, 2010
  5. Well technically there's a different pattern for it. You need to follow time and not price. It's where TA lacks.

#15     Apr 1, 2010
  6. ES had a typical SHORT covering rally after the 1166.25's was hit, as the last significant held LONG inventory in the ES went neutral (LONG inventory has been dumping for two days now.....and SHORT inventory growing substantially). Right as the ES neutralized the last resting held LONG inventory the Equities sell programs stopped....Equites then shifted to BUY program activity into the close. The markets have to react to certain "supply & demand" based events.....when the market is vacant of those holding LONG inventory of significant levels, who is left to push into LONG covering sell-offs in the ES?

http://www.charthub.com/images/2010/04/01/FulcrumTrader_CD_ESM10

Major inventory grab events in the overall supply and demand picture set up for some excellent trades....I myself covered ES 1176.50 entry SHORT positions on the day into the LONG inventory going neutral in the 1166's (was pretty sure we would get a decent bounce after that).

#16     Apr 2, 2010
  7. joe4422

joe4422

Is this going to be another thread where you give all these genious hindsight trades and babble on about inventory? I don't think you know what you mean by inventory, because you never explain yourself.

#17     Apr 2, 2010
  8. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Not arguing, sorry comes across that way when writing :)

I am just curious about the last half hour of trading 3:30 to 4:15.

It never seems to make sense, then it trends into close after a big sell off nice and uniform and I just watch !

As far as the guy speaking about "inventory" and such, all BS. Where was he when the ES cracked from 74 to 66, biggest move of day! He was compiling "charts" I think....

Thanks

#18     Apr 2, 2010
  9. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Ok, like to hear more.

Thank you.

#19     Apr 2, 2010
  10. Nothing genious about simple supply & demand, and I am sorry for you that you are so negative in your trading.....it shows.

Just another major inventory grab trade set up that many Cumulative Delta based traders took live yesterday.....they get it. :)

#20     Apr 2, 2010