Er2

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BoomBoom68, Jun 5, 2008.

1. CME won't blink and the Midcap 400 will eat the Russell for breakfast within 2 years

#21     Jun 9, 2008
  2. Futures Mag has an article about the Russell transfer in June issue (page 68).

One of the reasons Russell chose ICE exclusively is they committed to promoting the 1000 which they're hoping will compete with the ES.

#22     Jun 10, 2008
  3. ICE/NYBOT has done a rotten job of promoting any Russell Index. They need to make some major promotion efforts before September.

#23     Jun 10, 2008
  4. The Russell people are delusional if they think they will compete with the ES with their 1000, which no one's ever heard of and has no volume.

#24     Jun 10, 2008

5. I love trading this as well and find it easier to trade than ES, NQ and YM. Volume is starting to pick up on ICE and with the IWM (R2K ETF) consistently being in the top 10 ETF volume wise, I can't image this index is just going to fade away. I'm remaining confident that TF (mini version) volume will pick up enough on ICE to make it a good product to trade.

#25     Jun 21, 2008

6. TF is the ICE symbol for Russel 2000 mini futures contract.

So we can trade both TF and ER2 now?

What happen when ER2 move to ICE?

Are both TF and ER2 merged in future?

#26     Jun 21, 2008
  7. You have been able to trade both TF and ER2 for many months.

Currently ER2 and TF trade in parallel. After ER2 on the CME expires in September, only the TF will be left trading on the NYBOT/ICE.

#27     Jun 21, 2008

8. You have been able to trade both TF and ER2 for many months.

Currently ER2 and TF trade in parallel. After ER2 on the CME expires in September, only the TF will be left trading on the NYBOT/ICE.

So, what is the average daily volume of ER2, TF currently?

I try to get the feel of the total volume after Er2 expired assuming eventual all traders using ER2 will use TF (I understand that is not going to happen 100%).

#28     Jun 21, 2008
  9. RedRat

RedRat

Hi all,

My automatic strategy for Er2 experienced huge drawdown last say 10 days. I do not have access to terminal right now, as I am on vacation :). But could you please said, is there anything with volume for ER2 futures? I suppose that volume (and volatility) could decrease because of there is no next expiration contract, so "spreaders" do not trade ER2 any longer.

Or may be it is just seasonaly changes, summer, low volume, etc?

Thanks in advance,
    RR

#29     Jun 21, 2008
  10. On the contrary, daily volume in the ER2 in June has been significantly higher than either May or April (with the exception of June 18, when volume was less than 1/2 other days, for some odd reason). And Er2 average daily volume this week was higher than prior weeks.

#30     Jun 21, 2008